PDA

View Full Version : Gralab electronic timer repair

cyrus
1-Jun-2010, 19:52
After a period of nonuse it seems that my gralab electronic timer has developed the curious habit of switching between full second and tenth of seconds all on it's own. When making test strips of 2 second exposures it suddenly decides to switch to twenty seconds. I guess the switch contact is dirty and needs cleaning. Before I bother opening it up and futzing around in there has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Wade D
2-Jun-2010, 02:49
I have one that had the same problem. In my case opening it up and using canned air on the contacts worked. If that doesn't work then alcohol on a gauze pad might clean the gunk out.

Rick A
2-Jun-2010, 04:36
Open the case and shoot some aerosol contact cleaner into the switch.

nolindan
2-Jun-2010, 11:33
Open the case and shoot some aerosol contact cleaner into the switch.

Ditto.

The cheap stuff from Radio Shack works just fine. They are all variations on mineral oil and alcohol - some add a few drops of red colorant and charge $25 more.

Wade D
4-Jun-2010, 00:00
The aerosol in the canned air worked nicely as a contact cleaner without the expense of buying another product. Tipping the can 90 degrees lets some of the liquid aerosol out with the air.

D. Bryant
4-Jun-2010, 05:48
After a period of nonuse it seems that my gralab electronic timer has developed the curious habit of switching between full second and tenth of seconds all on it's own. When making test strips of 2 second exposures it suddenly decides to switch to twenty seconds. I guess the switch contact is dirty and needs cleaning. Before I bother opening it up and futzing around in there has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Which model?