PDA

View Full Version : Suppliers (film+Labs) in UK ????

Nigel Sutton
9-Apr-2002, 07:55
I finally got my first LF camera 2 weeks ago (Ebony RSW + Schneider SA 90/f8). I was wondering if any other LF users in UK could provide advice on where they bu y their film and what labs they use. Best prices for film appears to be 7dayshop but they only seem to sell Velvia, P rovia, FP4 and HP5. I have used Advantage Photo Services in Swindon for the last 3 years and they seem ok. They're certainly quick. Posted my first 10 sheets We d lunchtime and had them back friday pm - impressive. Any comments?

John D. Haughton
9-Apr-2002, 08:54
Mr Cad in Croyden (www.mrcad.co.uk) have the cheapest B&W sheet film (Maco UP100) that I have found so far. Maybe not the best film on the market, but the low price makes learning from my mistakes not too painful.

Dave Tolcher
9-Apr-2002, 10:16
Teamwork in London, Silverprint also in London and Robert White (poole) all are very quick and also stock quickload/readyload. Silverprint have good supplies of more unusual films (Bergger, Tech Pan etc)plus are the best darkroom chemical/paper supplier in the UK (IMHO) . Mr Cad also do IR film in 5X4. I can provide addresses /telephone numbers if needed and they are all on the web.

For the 5X4 stuff 7dayshop is more expensive than any of the others just named - or was the last time I looked.

Best regards

Dave

paul owen
9-Apr-2002, 10:48
Believe it or not, Jessops stock a few boxes of 5x4 FP4 and HP5 (in cardiff anyway) and only cost #14.95. Speedgraphic also do some deals on FP4. As for more exotic film try Silverprint, Mr Cad and Robert White.

Pete Watkins
9-Apr-2002, 16:59
Jessops are very competative with Kodak 5x4 B & W film. Personnally I thought that Bregger was rubbish. Maco seems to be fairly good and I am developing it in Pyrocat HD with no loss of film speed.

paul owen
10-Apr-2002, 06:52
Glad someone else isn't that impressed with the Bergger films! I find it grainy no matter what dev I use! The trouble is that in the long run it will be companys like Bergger who will be the only ones making sheet film.

Russell Fox
10-Apr-2002, 09:39
I can only talk about Jessops in Manchester. They normally stock Ilford 5x4 BW & Fuji colour tran's. Sometimes Kodak BW as well. They often have P/N 55 & I've even had some HP5 10x8 from them.

I don't know if this is typical for all branches but it's certainly worth giving you local branch a try.

Russell