PDA

View Full Version : Identifying a fixing on a Linhof back

vizion
29-May-2010, 08:36

I use a Linhof Technikardan 45S and have a 4x5 Reflex viewer of a different make that I want to use with it. The simplist way would be to construct a frame to attach the viewer to the TK. I want to be able to fix my frame to what Linhof call a "retaining nipple" on the TK (see attachment). I do not know where to get/ how to construct an appropriate marrying component for fitting to my frame.

Can anyone identify the fitting and where it might be obtained? It looks as though the nipple might be a standard engineering component. If that is so then a suitable marrying component is likely to be obtainable off the shelf. However I do not have an engineering background and have no idea where to go for it or what to look for.

Thanks in advance for any help

David

Bob Salomon
29-May-2010, 10:26
That is the clip for the Fresnel screen, there should be one at each end of the gg in the middle screw. They are designed so that you can easily insert or remove the Frensel.

Bob Salomon
29-May-2010, 10:28
Sorry, thought you were asking about the clip. For Linhof parts contact the service center. In the USA that is Marflex at 252 652 4401.

vizion
29-May-2010, 11:24
No I am talking about the nipple above the screw that holds the Fresnel in place. I do not think the nipple is manufactured by Linhof - I believe it is a standard engineering fitting - I have seen the same thing in use on other bits of kit.
I do not need the male shaped nipple but the female mechanism that holds onto it;) .

David

Bob Salomon
29-May-2010, 12:37
No I am talking about the nipple above the screw that holds the Fresnel in place. I do not think the nipple is manufactured by Linhof - I believe it is a standard engineering fitting - I have seen the same thing in use on other bits of kit.
I do not need the male shaped nipple but the female mechanism that holds onto it;) .

David

Linhof service as below.

vizion
30-May-2010, 03:40
As I am in UK I will see what Linhof in germany have to say but their charges for spares are not cheap. If it is a standard engineering part then the costs will be pennies and obtainable from an engineering supplies outfit.
David

Bob Salomon
30-May-2010, 04:19
As I am in UK I will see what Linhof in germany have to say but their charges for spares are not cheap. If it is a standard engineering part then the costs will be pennies and obtainable from an engineering supplies outfit.
David

I don't think that you will find it a stanard part. All accessories that mount to the back of a Linhof 45 for viewing or focusing attach the same way. Two pins fit into the holes on the bottom inside edges of the gg frame. That attaches the device to the GG frame. They then are swung up and a metal piece (on the Folding Focusing Hood and Focus/Metering bellows) then snaps on to the pin that you are referring to. On the Reflex Viewing Attachment an offset metal piece connected to a lever fits over the pin when the Reflex Attachment is positioned on the GG back. The lever is then moved to fasten it in place.

In order to fit properly some very small washers are supplied with the attachment to make sur the pin on the back is in the proper position.

For someone with a TK the price of the part should not be expensive at all.

boris
30-May-2010, 05:00
you should give linhof germany a chance! i asked them a few month ago for some small parts and got them for free! very friendly and helpfull people. i ordered also other items from them and the price was fair to.
boris

Keith Pitman
30-May-2010, 11:17
A friend of mine did a similar thing with the female part of a snap fitting from his wife's sewing kit. Take your camera to the sewing store; you'll probably find something workable.

vizion
4-Jun-2010, 11:03
Thank you everyone.. I was able to order the fitting via linhof studio in the UK. You guts were on the ball

Thanks