PDA

View Full Version : Jobo processing of Ektar sheet film

Chuck Mintz
28-May-2010, 11:43
If I cannot get E100G, alternative is Ektar. Having trouble getting straight answers on which Flexicolor to use, who carries it (I know there as Hazmat shipping issues) and solution capacities. Kodak data sheet says 1 liter of developer is required for ten 4x5's and three 8x10's. That makes the Jobo impossible and certainly does not sound correct as this is three times what it took for E-6.

Robert Ley
28-May-2010, 11:58
Chuck,
You can use Kodak Flexicolor if you want. I use Fuji-Hunt chemistry and get it from The Minilab supply store http://www.minilab.com/subCategory.asp_Q_catID_E_83_A_PHOTOGRAPHY_DEVELOPING_SUPPLIES_E_PHOTOGRAPHY_DEVELOPING_SUPPLIES
They are very responsive and quick shippers.
I have been using Fuji-Hunt for both RA-4 and C-41 for several years and am very happy with the results. I process in a Jobo expert drum with the amount that Jobo recommends with no problems so far. If you have any further questions you can PM me if you like.
Cheers,
Robert

Bruce Watson
28-May-2010, 12:48
C-41 is C-41. It's an industry standard process. Use Kodak, Fuji, whatever you can find. The experts like kits that keep the bleach and fixer separate baths. You can search around (especially on APUG) for why.

Photographer's Formulary has a C-41 kit (http://www.photoformulary.com/DesktopModules/StoreProductDetails.aspx?productID=1393&tabid=9&tabindex=2&categoryid=101&selection=0&langId=0) now -- repackaged Kodak chems if rumors hold.

Greg Blank
28-May-2010, 13:55
Not 100 percent sure, I 'd have to check stock Tuesday but I think we have a good supply of 100G, 4x5 and 8x10 in the fridge. BTW we distribute Kodak now and I have heard nothing about 100G or any other E6 being discontinued....that doesn't mean next week they won't.

gblank@omegabrandess.com

If I cannot get E100G, alternative is Ektar. Having trouble getting straight answers on which Flexicolor to use, who carries it (I know there as Hazmat shipping issues) and solution capacities. Kodak data sheet says 1 liter of developer is required for ten 4x5's and three 8x10's. That makes the Jobo impossible and certainly does not sound correct as this is three times what it took for E-6.

domaz
28-May-2010, 14:27
Formulary's 1 Liter kit is the easiest to obtain and it is re-bottled from true Kodak chemicals. You should be able to get 12 sheets or so out of it if you do one-shot developing with a Jobo tank. Maybe more if you have re-use developer and extend developing times. Economy-wise it might not be the cheapest but it's definetly the least amount of initial cash outlay. If you buy from a minilab supply store you will have to get huge quantities of chemcials.

IanMazursky
30-May-2010, 23:40
Here are the Kodak cat# of the C-41 chemistry that i order for my jobo.
I cant find the cat# for the 1 gallon developer kit that kodak sells (if they still do) but the 5 gallon requires the starter.
The bleach is a ready to go 1 gallon bottle that is not diluted and does not require a starter.
Hope this helps.

1953 009 Kodak Flexicolor Developer / Starter
191 9042 Kodak Flexicolor Developer / Replenisher 5-gallons.
894 0801 Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Bleach III for Color Negative Film 1 Gallon
169 3837 Kodak Flexicolor Fixer Replenisher 5-Gallons
813 6368 Kodak Flexicolor Final Rinse and Replenisher to make 10-Liter