PDA

View Full Version : Marflex props!

Steve Wright
27-May-2010, 07:19
I just received my Linhof Master Technika back from Martin Arndt at Marflex. I poked a twig thru the bellows accidentally while hiking to a waterfall in NE Georgia. The new bellows is beautiful and he did a great job. He is a treasure to all Linhof users and we're lucky to have him!
Steve

Ivan J. Eberle
27-May-2010, 07:22
Steve, may I ask what a new Marflex-sourced bellows costs these days?

Steve Wright
27-May-2010, 07:28
$299 plus $75 install charge.... Whew! Expensive trip in the woods!
Steve

Ross Chambers
28-May-2010, 01:34
As well as attacking my leg leeches appeared on the bellows of my Shen Hao 5x7. Fortunately there is nothing attractive in the fabric to tempt them to pierce it, but I didn't consider the possibility of twigs making a hole, what bad luck for you.

Regards - Ross

Brian Ellis
28-May-2010, 07:39
$299 plus $75 install charge.... Whew! Expensive trip in the woods!
Steve

That's not much more than Marflex charged when they replaced the bellows on my Tech V at least ten years ago. I think it was $300 total back then.

Bill_1856
28-May-2010, 07:47
That's not much more than Marflex charged when they replaced the bellows on my Tech V at least ten years ago. I think it was $300 total back then.

Likewise -- I think Marty Forscher charged me about $300 in the mid-70s.
It certainly seems strange to me that a major camera company would have as their "factory approved repair" in the basement/garage workshop of a retiree somewhere down in the Southern sticks.

Ron Marshall
28-May-2010, 07:55
It certainly seems strange to me that a major camera company would have as their "factory approved repair" in the basement/garage workshop of a retiree somewhere down in the Southern sticks.

Thankfully they haven't outsourced it to India or China.

Don Dudenbostel
29-May-2010, 18:47

Why does his age / retirement status or where he is have anything to do with the quality of his work. I spoke with martin about a month ago and he said he got tired of shoveling snow and moved to the coast of NC. He's in a beautiful area minutes from the Outer Banks which is hardly the sticks. Excellent quality services can be found outside of NY City.

urs0polar
29-May-2010, 19:05
Martin is awesome. The price is definitely substantial, but not terribly high when you see the results. It seems like he's one of the last of a dying breed.