PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Instant--toning? Archival characteristics?

Darin Boville
22-May-2010, 17:38
Hello all,

I'm surprised by how little I'm finding via search.

Anyone out there know anything about toning the Fuji Instant films? Anything about their archival characteristics?

Or is it basically the same technology as the Polaroids--and I can get out my old Ansel Book on Polaroid Land Photography?

--Darin

Darin Boville
24-May-2010, 09:13
Am I missing an obvious thread or is there really no info out there?

O.K., how about recommendations to coat the print for protection? Acrylic spray?

--Darin

Peter K
24-May-2010, 16:04
Or is it basically the same technology as the Polaroids--and I can get out my old Ansel Book on Polaroid Land Photography?
Or "Storing, handling and preserving Polaroid photographs - a guide" : mix one part of isopropyl alcohol with four parts of water. Than add one part of toner like Kodak rapid Selenium toner. The toning solution is sprayed with a sprayer used by hobby gardeners onto the print. Place the print on a sheet of glass and spray the toner on the print. When the print ist fully toned, 30 up to 60 seconds, gently wipe it with a clean squeegee.

Darin Boville
29-Sep-2013, 22:34
To revive this old thread...anyone toning their Fuji instants? I'm after longevity more than coloration. Can't find much of anything on the web other than mention that Fuji doesn't tone as well (I think they mean change color vs actual chemical change for archival purposes). Anyone actually doing this? I don't have any selenium toner to try out and don't really want to buy the stuff unless I can use it...

I'm specifically referring to their iso 3000 pack film.

--Darin