PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Lenses Storage

Jay Decker
20-May-2010, 05:42
My lenses in shutters are stored in a nice Tenba case with little padded dividers between. On the other hand, my barrel lenses stand on their lens hoods with their lens boards on top like a collection of small end tables clustered together. This must be a somewhat universal convention, the finish on both ends of all my barrel lenses was worn when I purchased them.

How do you store your barrel lenses? Are you aware of a good way to store barrel lenses?

goamules
20-May-2010, 06:44
I immerse mine in pure, distilled water in a fish tank. But I guess if you want to protect the finish, use a piece of felt underneath.

Toyon
20-May-2010, 07:39
Distilled water is still to corrosive. Try using glycerin, or better yet, pure canada balsam.

domaz
20-May-2010, 08:00
I immerse mine in mineral oil for better performance and to cut down on generated heat. Oh wait that's my motherboard..

Peter Gomena
22-May-2010, 22:58
I like the flannel bags from bottles of Crown Royal for storing my LF lenses. Now I have to figure out what to do with all those bottles of whiskey.

BrianShaw
23-May-2010, 08:40
I'll take them off of your hands!

rguinter
23-May-2010, 08:51
I like the flannel bags from bottles of Crown Royal for storing my LF lenses. Now I have to figure out what to do with all those bottles of whiskey.

Have a party and invite us all over.... BG