PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Has Info On Bohmke Lenses?

Richard K.
17-May-2010, 11:16
Picked up a very nice RR by Bohmke, Braunschweig but I can't find any reference to this company in the VC or elsewhere. The lens may be re-badged Voigtlander Euryscop. Anyone know anything about this company?

Steven Tribe
17-May-2010, 12:09
Check the search here for a thread from last year. Böhmke was an ex-employee of Voigtländer at Braunschweig who started up for himself for a few years until apparently tied up by legal action from his old employers. Very attractive objectives with engraving very like Voidtländer's style. Probably a true copy of what he was making before - that is, Eurscope.

Richard K.
17-May-2010, 12:19
Check the search here for a thread from last year. Böhmke was an ex-employee of Voigtländer at Braunschweig who started up for himself for a few years until apparently tied up by legal action from his old employers. Very attractive objectives with engraving very like Voidtländer's style. Probably a true copy of what he was making before - that is, Eurscope.

Very interesting...! Thanks Steven, I'll see if I can find that thread. Any idea of when this was?

Steven Tribe
17-May-2010, 13:05
You will have to search under Brohmke (sic) or Böhmke (with the german umlaut). December 2009.

Jon Wilson
19-May-2010, 20:39
Here you are Richard. I find the lens very similar to the Voightlander lens. http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=56647

Jon