PDA

View Full Version : Rising Museum Mount board

Steve Sherman
13-May-2010, 03:13
Anyone using Rising Museum mount board, if so where are you buying in bulk?

Thanks

Robert A. Zeichner
13-May-2010, 03:39
Last time I bought some was from United Manufacturers. About $8-9 as I recall. You need to request that they reinforce the corners of the shipping carton.

evan clarke
13-May-2010, 04:32
I have a good place right here in Milwaukee and it's always in stock. I use the warm white and the pack of 25 sheets I just bought was $257. The place is Tradewinds Products. The corners must definitely be reinforced, the sheets will JUST give 4 16x20s..Evan Clarke

Louie Powell
13-May-2010, 10:28
I just got a flyer in the mail from Lumier in Rochester advertising Rising Mount Board.

Drew Wiley
13-May-2010, 11:20
Rising is my favorite Museum board. I buy it wholesale in full packs of 30x40. It cuts
more consistently than Westminster, with less defects or variations in thickness. And
is seems much better quality than the ragboard Crescent etc offers.

evan clarke
13-May-2010, 13:19
Last time I bought some was from United Manufacturers. About $8-9 as I recall. You need to request that they reinforce the corners of the shipping carton.

Hi,
I couldn't find Rising board on their site, do you have a link??..Thanks..Evan Clarke

Andrew ren
31-May-2011, 10:13
try to order some museum boards today from Wallack's here in Ottawa. Talked to the lady in charge, she said that after Rising switched their line, their "Museum" mat bd is just conservation quality, then Wallack's people stop carrying them.

anyone can confirm this?

Cheers

Andrew

Drew Wiley
31-May-2011, 10:24
I routinely use it and buy it in standard case lots from my framing wholesaler here, who delivers right to my office.

PViapiano
31-May-2011, 22:20
Daniel Smith has it, too, in smaller sizes. I bought some 16x20 a while ago...if you catch a sale or free shipping you can do quite well.