PDA

View Full Version : Jobo Red cap?

Ginette
29-Apr-2010, 23:22
I found a Jobo CPP2 Lift, the latest model :cool:
After comparing the 2 models and asking is something missing, I read here http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/us_analog/instructions/instructions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_lift.htm that everything look fine.

A small question: The red cap is at the upper position, I don't want to brake it in removing it! Do I need to pull it or turn it to remove?
Another question: a black tape is at the back of the lift, is it the original design or a repair?

Here a photo.

IanMazursky
30-Apr-2010, 01:59
I cant speak to the tape the but red cap just pulls off. You can twist it if you need to.
Its used to cap off the upper or lower breathing tube holes.
When the lower is capped off, you can use the 3000 series drums.
When the upper is capped off, you can use any of the other systems, 2800, 1500...

From your picture i can see you have a problem. You are missing a transfer gear.
Its the white gear on the right. You should have one on the left. You are also missing the breathing tube. It would be a small red tube about an inch long that fits into the space where the red cap come off of.

Hope that helps.

ic-racer
30-Apr-2010, 06:14
From the picture it looks fine. That black tape is original. The rubber cap just comes off. Transfer gear looks fine.

Fred L
30-Apr-2010, 07:12
yep. nothing missing compared to both of mine.

IanMazursky
30-Apr-2010, 09:41
So the CPP2 only has 1 transfer gear?
Im just comparing it to my ATL 2200 and it has 2.
It also has a red breathing tube that slips into the tube that the red cap covers.

dsphotog
30-Apr-2010, 09:55
Looks proper, the black tape is a seal intended to prevent liquid from entering the electronics. It is special & actually a Jobo part.

Fred L
30-Apr-2010, 11:26
the breathing tubes might be for helping dump the chemistry in the ATL's ? The Cpp units are manual dump and fill.

pkphotog
30-Apr-2010, 11:54
Everything looks fine as others have said. Just twist the red cap and it will pop right off. The tape is also an original part.

Ian, the CPP-2/CPA-2 lift has only one transfer gear, as explained in the JOBO lift instruction manual:

Note:

The later version of the lift has two molded holes for the Transfer Gear Set (#95200). Only one set of gears, towards the back of the processor (or right side, if looking towards the motor head) set is installed. The other molded hole is not supplied with a gear set. The lift is not "missing" a set of gears. Do not install another set of gears in this position. The lift will not function correctly with two sets of transfer gears installed. (The same arm piece molding is used with the Auotolab series processors, which do require both sets, to work properly.) For more information about this, go to: Why does my JOBO Lift look like it is missing a transfer gear?

Erik Larsen
30-Apr-2010, 14:08
I don't know about everyone else, but I leave the red cap in place as it kind of secures the cog lid in place. Am I being stupid?
erik

ic-racer
30-Apr-2010, 14:19
I don't know about everyone else, but I leave the red cap in place as it kind of secures the cog lid in place. Am I being stupid?
erik

Yes, leave it in place when in use. I presume the OP wants to fit an expert drum, so it needs to be moved to the bottom position.

Erik Larsen
30-Apr-2010, 14:23
Yes, leave it in place when in use. I presume the OP wants to fit an expert drum, so it needs to be moved to the bottom position.

Ah, thanks
erik

Ginette
30-Apr-2010, 17:26

Yes it is the case. I buy it from someone who only use Jobo 2500 series for medium format and I will use it for the Expert drums. Maybe the cap was always be on the same outlet so it look a bit stiff and I don't want to break it.

Thanks also for the black tape. I didn't see it when I bought it but when I look at when at home, it look like a bad repair!

The link I give in my first post http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/us_analog/instructions/instructions_manual_cpa-2_cpp-2_lift.htm explain very well the difference between the first and last Jobo models. It look like some pieces missing but Jobo use the same molding.
See also http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/us_analog/faq/2transfgr.htm

Greg Blank
30-Apr-2010, 17:31
Hello Ginette;

Pulling and twisting removes the cap,... it will not break.

The black tape just loosens overtime. Constant water exposure causes it to release, you can use two side adhesive or a lite coat of rubber cement to restick it.

A small question: The red cap is at the upper position, I don't want to brake it in removing it! Do I need to pull it or turn it to remove?
Another question: a black tape is at the back of the lift, is it the original design or a repair?

Here a photo.