PDA

View Full Version : Deardorff Back dimensions

Michael Jones
28-Apr-2010, 08:43
Could someone who owns a Deardoff 8x10 measure the outer dimension of the back and also the dimension of the light trap/lip? I am considering modifying a Deardorff reducing back to fit my camera. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Louis Pacilla
28-Apr-2010, 14:39
Hi Micheal

The outer diameter 12x12 inch -the lip is 1/4 inch. If this is not what you,re looking for let me know.
Peace
Louis

Thebes
1-May-2010, 13:45
Since this thread seems a pertinent place to ask, I've wondered from something I once read...

What is the unmasked size of the back? Ie what is the largest area not occluded by the bellows or rear frame to which a film could be exposed. I read someone made a 7x11 back for one, don't know details or if this is true or if it was an extension back- that would require at least 10 1/2 inches across, does a Deardorff actually have that large of an opening in the rear?

Tracy Storer
1-May-2010, 20:25
Inside of rear bellows frame measures 10.125" x 10.125"....7" x 11" would have to be an extension back.

Since this thread seems a pertinent place to ask, I've wondered from something I once read...

What is the unmasked size of the back? Ie what is the largest area not occluded by the bellows or rear frame to which a film could be exposed. I read someone made a 7x11 back for one, don't know details or if this is true or if it was an extension back- that would require at least 10 1/2 inches across, does a Deardorff actually have that large of an opening in the rear?