PDA

View Full Version : Who works on Speed Graphics?

Steve Wright
27-Apr-2010, 05:40
I have a couple of issues with my 'new' Crown Graphic that need the attention of a good technician. Anyone know of someone who works on these? Thanks in advance....
Steve

BrianShaw
27-Apr-2010, 06:31
I know a guy who works on them.

Dan Fromm
27-Apr-2010, 07:56
Fred Lustig, in Reno, NV. He has no web presence and no published e-mail address, but he's in the Reno phone book. Call him.

Steve Wright
27-Apr-2010, 08:17
Thanks! Is that the same guy you're thinking of Brian?
Steve

Kuzano
27-Apr-2010, 08:42
I just received my Super Graphic back from Fred last week. Great to talk with, responsive and I am happy with the work he did for me. Like new, used bellows installed. He's the fellow who bought all of Graflex's NOS when they got rid of their inventory. (That's what someone told me). His work for me was timely.

Reno or search him on the internet for communication information.

Dan Fromm
27-Apr-2010, 09:56
IIRC, some time in the early '90s MPEX Graflex' former Western Division, which had been providing repair service for Graflex products, closed and Midwest Photo Exchange bought their stock of parts. MPEX later sold nearly all to Mr. Lustig.

Steve Wright
29-Apr-2010, 05:53
You all are right on the money! (Vegas talk)! I talked personally with Fred and he suggested I send in the Crown Graphic (which I will do posthaste) and he'll give it a going over, fix the focal plane shutter, adjust the RF to my Petzval lens i bought for it, attach a viewfinder to use, and add a rangefinder magnifier. Amazing!! This is a great forum for information. Happy happy joy joy!
Steve
PS: I travelled to the Indianapolis Museum of Art for the Weegee exhibit last weekend and took the CG with Heiland flash, wore a fedora and had a cigar and old leather jacket on. Got a lot of looks and attention (esp by the security folks who thought it was a hoot!).

BradS
29-Apr-2010, 06:48
PS: I travelled to the Indianapolis Museum of Art for the Weegee exhibit last weekend and took the CG with Heiland flash, wore a fedora and had a cigar and old leather jacket on. Got a lot of looks and attention (esp by the security folks who thought it was a hoot!).

That sounds like fun!

BrianShaw
29-Apr-2010, 07:01
Thanks! Is that the same guy you're thinking of Brian?
Steve

Hi Steve,

He is one of them. He did some work for me several years ago. A great guy and he did great work. I'm happy ever time I hear that he is still active.

Another option is a shop I recently used in Culver City CA, called Steve's Camera Repair. Google them; they are on the 'net. They did good work for me too, and seem to have a great reputation.

Steve Wright
29-Apr-2010, 08:12
Steve's Camera Shop. I think I can remember that name! LOL:)
Steve