PDA

View Full Version : Ebony 45S - what's the longest non telephoto lens that can be used?

newmoon2night
23-Apr-2010, 23:42
Can a 300mm lens non telephoto lens be used with an Ebony 45S (with 270mm bellows extension)?
I'm unclear whether the 270mm refers to just the bellows or the whole focusing length.
If so can a 300mm be used closer than infinity (without movements)?
Thanks.

George Hart
24-Apr-2010, 01:14
270 mm is the lot, ie what you need to match with the flange focal length for the lens. So unless your 300 mm lens has a FFD of 270 mm or less, which is unlikely, you will not get it focussed at infinity, let alone closer distances. However, Ebony (and probably others) do an extension tube (a "top hat" panel) which allows the use of a 300 mm lens on this camera—my Fuji C lens works fine using this arrangement.

newmoon2night
24-Apr-2010, 02:13
270 mm is the lot, ie what you need to match with the flange focal length for the lens. So unless your 300 mm lens has a FFD of 270 mm or less, which is unlikely, you will not get it focussed at infinity, let alone closer distances. However, Ebony (and probably others) do an extension tube (a "top hat" panel) which allows the use of a 300 mm lens on this camera—my Fuji C lens works fine using this arrangement.
Thanks George. That answers the question. I haven't got an Ebony but have got a Nikon M 300mm, hence the question.