PDA

View Full Version : kodak developer rs and replenisher

David Woods
23-Apr-2010, 21:33
Hi
Can someone tell me about the Kodak devolper rs and replenisher, do you have to use the replenisher for sheet film
Thanks

Mark Woods
23-Apr-2010, 22:07
Hello David,

I believe the answer is yes if you're using D-76, which I do. My current batch is about 3 years old. One of the tricks I do to keep it from going bad is to take a deep breath and to gently exhale over the tank before I put the cover on. The CO2 is heaver than Oxygen and keeps the developer from oxidizing. I do the same thing when I use the replenisher, I breathe into the bottle. It seems like black magic, but it's worked for me.

David Woods
23-Apr-2010, 22:19
Hello David,

I believe the answer is yes if you're using D-76, which I do. My current batch is about 3 years old. One of the tricks I do to keep it from going bad is to take a deep breath and to gently exhale over the tank before I put the cover on. The CO2 is heaver than Oxygen and keeps the developer from oxidizing. I do the same thing when I use the replenisher, I breathe into the bottle. It seems like black magic, but it's worked for me.

Hi Mark
My brothers name is Mark Woods but he lives in Sydney Australia, he is actually in the U.S at the moment celebrating his 50th birthday, with a trip to Disneyland, and visiting San Francisco, so the replenisher is only for tired developer, the developer has not been opened yet but, has an expiry date of 2007, would it still be okay or should I use the replenisher with the developer straight away.

David