PDA

View Full Version : Persistant problem with Polaroid 195

Yves Paubert
25-Feb-2002, 05:00
Hello,

I've just found a Polaroid 195 camera. I've loaded it with 665 pack film and too k some pictures and I got a problem : there are some white specks on each pictur e. I know, you may think I didn't read the previous message about the famous "wh ite specks" ... False ! I tried to change the speed when pulling the film out (v ery fast, fast, normal, very slow ...), I cleaned everything that could be clean ed inside the camera (rollers, pad ...), and those dots are still there ! They s ometimes look like little triangles, triangular holes in the developper. Those d ots are not always at the same place, but it's always the same kind of dots. Does anyone has an idea ? I'm considering about buying an NPC 195 if I cannot re ly on original Polaroid.

Bill Jefferson
25-Feb-2002, 06:20
Yves, Please contact the Polaroid Rep. in your region.

Thanks Bill

Guillaume Zuili
25-Feb-2002, 14:06
Yves, Take the NPC. It's really a good choice.The lense is sharper,mechanism and rangefinder are good. No bad surprise.

Dominic Hsieh
5-May-2002, 16:09
HELLO

the problem you speak of is not with the 195.

I have had this same problem on and off for 15 years, until a few years ago our local Polaroid rep noticed what I was doing and told me to slowdown the speed in which I pull the second (black tab). PROBLEM SOLVE

apparently when you pull the tab too quickly air pockets gets caught in between the layers.

I hope this solves your problems. By the way how much did you pay for your 195?

I have recently obtained a Konica instant press, so my 195 May be on the market soon.

Regards Dominic

Eric Williams
5-May-2002, 17:37
I would second Yves. Pull out in a smooth slow fashion. Check the rollers after each pack and clean if needed. This is a good camera.

Yves Paubert
6-May-2002, 03:22
Thanks guys, The problem has been solved for several weeks now : it was due to the 665 packs I had bought. I've loaded the 195 with Fuji, Polapan and Polacolor, and I have no problem at all now! Pffff ... I really enjoy the 195 and what I'm thinking about now is to find a way to take close pictures (if I don't find a close-up kit I will built it myself). The Fuji color film is really really good.

Ben Swinnerton
10-Aug-2004, 20:20
I recently just discovered the Polaroid 195 existed and really wanto to get my hands on one. How much am I looking at in Australian $$$