PDA

View Full Version : Hmm quite a strange request but I can not resist anymore...

Vincent Malaud
21-Apr-2010, 03:45
... Is there someone who would want to send me a 8x10 B&W (exposed) neg so that I can finally see one, contact print one and.... enlarge it on the Durst 10x10' enlarger of the club I am part of here in Sweden...

I know this is a very dangerous path I might never recover from... Especially knowing that I have always considered 4x5' only a step to the holy 8x1O' graal!

(I am not quite sure asking such a thing in a straight forward way is against policy here, if in case, please remove the thread).

Oh I am so excited!!!!!

IanG
21-Apr-2010, 03:52
Vincent, I have no spare negs but can assure you that despite intending to just contact print my 10x8 negs one look and I knew I just had to enlarge them as well :D

It's a slippery slope . . . . . .

Ian

Steven Tribe
21-Apr-2010, 06:04
I can probably help you - and you might be doing me a favour at the same time as I have a half finished dark room at the moment. Tmax 100 soft focus lens experiments? So if you want traditional sharp modern results it would have to be family group negatives (Symmar S 360mm).

Steven Barall
21-Apr-2010, 07:09
I don't think it's a strange request at all. I think it's a great idea actually. I personally don't have any 8x10 film but I wish you luck.

Jay DeFehr
21-Apr-2010, 08:08
Vincent,

I'd be happy to help. Most of my photos are portraits, but I could make a negative to order, so to speak, if you have a specific request.

David de Gruyl
21-Apr-2010, 11:26
Vincent, I have no spare negs but can assure you that despite intending to just contact print my 10x8 negs one look and I knew I just had to enlarge them as well

Thank god 8x10 enlargers are so... large. I barely have room for the 4x5.

BrianShaw
21-Apr-2010, 12:29
I have a stranger request: ... Is there someone who would want to send me a 8x10 camera, film holders and lenses so that I can finally see one, contact print one and....

:)

Morten
21-Apr-2010, 13:12
Vincent, since you are in Stockholm give Tedd Soost (http://www.soost.com/) a call. He might find time to show you a 12x20 negative, contact prints and enlargements!!..... Then you will understand that 8x10 is such a small and handy format.;)

Vincent Malaud
21-Apr-2010, 15:42
Ahaha nice replies :) I ll for sure contact Tedd Soost... 12x20 that's quite something!! (Gosh it's 12 4x5' equivalent in surface - that's madness!)
@ Steven Tribe, I m not at all in soft focus ;) Sharp architecture or urban landscape is more my thing ! But nevertheless ok to do you a favor, tell me more!
@Jay DeFehr, thanks for the offer, anything would do really, but if you fancy doing something special like shooting your neighbourhood or even your house or apartment building, you re welcome :) Haha but then you might not want letting this negative travel to Sweden anymore!!

dsphotog
21-Apr-2010, 17:05
Reminds me of the old joke.......
Man #1) Do you have any naked pictures of your wife?
Man#2) No.
Man#1) Wanna see some? I have a bunch of her.

jerry upchurch
21-Apr-2010, 17:09
Vincent, I have no spare negs but can assure you that despite intending to just contact print my 10x8 negs one look and I knew I just had to enlarge them as well :D

It's a slippery slope . . . . . .

Ian

Can you send me a link to 8x10 pics you have on your website.

Vincent Malaud
22-Apr-2010, 02:23
Can you send me a link to 8x10 pics you have on your website.

Jerry by clicking on someone's name you can access to their site. For Ian: here it is: http://www.lostlabours.co.uk/ (Hope you don't mind Ian!)