PDA

View Full Version : Possible to use a Crown Graphic Bellows in a Wista 45?

Frank Petronio
13-Apr-2010, 22:18
I once had a beater Technika where a guy used a plastic Crown Graphic bellows for a replacement. I've never opened up a metal Wista 45 but would there be anything preventing me from swapping frames (contact cement, staples) and fixing up a beater with a cheap Crown Graphic bellows?

I know the Crown Bellows is thicker and not as long. This would be for a beater camera.

BradS
13-Apr-2010, 22:23
The Crown bellows are also rectangular - no need to make it square since the back cannot be rotated...so, the crown bellows would not work so well with a camera that has a back that could be oriented vertical or horizontal...unless of course, you never rotated the back to the vertical orientation.

Frank Petronio
14-Apr-2010, 04:54
Ahhh just the info I didn't think of - thanks

There is a beater Wista RF for $300 on eBay but a replacement bellows looks to cost more than the camera.

Michael Roberts
14-Apr-2010, 05:38
Frank, don't the Super Speeds have rotating backs? Maybe one of those bellows would work...

Robert Hughes
14-Apr-2010, 05:57
Q: Just out of curiosity - could I use a frozen turkey as a bellows for a Wista 45? I know the turkey is thicker and not as long. This would be for a Thanksgiving camera.

A: It should work just fine. But if you want the rotating back to work, you may want to thaw it out first...

Richard Wasserman
14-Apr-2010, 06:47
Ahhh just the info I didn't think of - thanks

There is a beater Wista RF for $300 on eBay but a replacement bellows looks to cost more than the camera.

Frank,

You might want to contact Custom Bellows before deciding. A new bellows may not cost as much as you think– http://www.custombellows.co.uk/index.html

rknewcomb
14-Apr-2010, 06:55
A very good bellows for less money (not as nice as "Camera Bellows"), can be had from Turner Bellows in Rochester, NY.

thart2009
14-Apr-2010, 11:29
May want to try these guys... I haven't yet, but have been thinking about it.

http://www.diycamerakit.com/