PDA

View Full Version : Cooke telephoto lens anastigmat 280mm

stellablu47
12-Apr-2010, 20:56
Hello, I'm an idiot newbie who knows very little about this, so bear with me.

I have had a Cooke Telephoto Lens for almost 30 years. It has been stored in a leather lens Taylor-Hobson pouch, left behind by an old boyfriend who used to work in a surplus store.

How can I find out more about his lens to make sure it gets to someone who would know how put it to good use? I would like to trade for a Canon dslr zoom but I don't know where to take it.

It seems to be in good condition, but is dusty and the lens appears a little dirty but I have not attempted to clean it for fear I would muck it up. Other than that I know nothing about it. It appears to be in great working condition.

Is there a place where I can research its serial number?

On the lens itself it is written exactly this way: Cooke Telephoto Lens Anastigmat Lens No. 202384 1.1 Inch 280mm Series VIIIf/5.6

Thanks in advance for any kind information.:)

CCHarrison
13-Apr-2010, 04:16
Looks like you have an "11" inch Cooke "Telic" lens from the late 20's.

There is one in a shutter on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAYLOR-HOBSON-COOKE-15INCH-SERIES-VIII-F5-6-TELEPHOTO_W0QQitemZ150432087309QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item2306737d0d

Scan from Seth's site attached

Dan

stellablu47
14-Apr-2010, 21:29
Yes, thank you. It appears like the same lens, except mine does not have that silver ring. Many thanks for all the help.:)