PDA

View Full Version : Graflok sheet holders?

Vascilli
10-Apr-2010, 22:11
I need to get a film holder that holds normal sheet film instead of instant (debt) film. I don't want to use a Polaroid 545i. What affordable Graflok holders can replace it? (I'm using a Polaroid Miniportrait 253 so I must have Graflok holders)

Robert Hughes
12-Apr-2010, 10:28
The standard 4x5 holders are still available new:

http://www.calumetphoto.com/resources/images/prod_tnlg/fi4500-1.jpg

OTOH, the nation is awash in old film holders - old photo studios are selling them by the carton on the Dreaded. Go for it.

Glenn Thoreson
12-Apr-2010, 12:03
I have one of those cameras that I remodeled into a 65mm pinhole camera, so I know what you're up against. The only Graflok accessories you can use are the Grafmatic 6 sheet holder (recommended) or a Graflex roll film holder for 4X5 cameras. These come in a number of formats, like 6X6, 6X7 and 6X9, but it's putting you in the medium format class. If you can find, or have, the focus panel for your camera, regular Graphic holders should work. I don't have the focus panel for mine and just use a Grafmatic. I thought a Graflex focus panel would fit these, but it won't. Hope this helps.

Vascilli
25-Apr-2010, 00:14
I have one of those cameras that I remodeled into a 65mm pinhole camera, so I know what you're up against. The only Graflok accessories you can use are the Grafmatic 6 sheet holder (recommended) or a Graflex roll film holder for 4X5 cameras. These come in a number of formats, like 6X6, 6X7 and 6X9, but it's putting you in the medium format class. If you can find, or have, the focus panel for your camera, regular Graphic holders should work. I don't have the focus panel for mine and just use a Grafmatic. I thought a Graflex focus panel would fit these, but it won't. Hope this helps.

I wonder where I could acquire one, it wasn't included.

Sevo
25-Apr-2010, 03:10
Focus panels are scarce, but they sometimes crop up on government surplus auctions - the police seems to have bought complete Polaroid kits (and had trained photographers to operate the mug shot studio, at least in bigger cities) while the average franchise mall portrait studio/shoe repair/key cutter that accounted for the bulk of these Miniportrait cameras only bought the bare camera.