PDA

View Full Version : jobo atl1000 which experiences do you have ?

Rainer
21-Feb-2002, 15:28
would like to hear experieces with this machine.....are you content with e6 proc ess? i tried with cpp/cpe machines...and never i was able to have a real neutral color with e6. so i bought now a used ATL1000 machine for 750$ and i hope this will work well. the people which sold me the machine are saying that they never have used temperated water....and their results have been great. the service fro m jobo is telling that temperated water is absolutely necessary...do you have ex periences around? thanks for sharing...

Rob Tucher
21-Feb-2002, 17:10
I'd say tempered water is a must, but it has nothing to do with which machine you use. It has everything to do with the process. I use an ATL2 and don't sweat temperature all that much for b&w (wash water is sometimes colder than chemistry) but E-6 is critical. Maybe the temperature is throwing off your neutrals. Or the film itself is not neutral. Or the chemistry you use. I fail to see how a machine that inherently works like all the other models they sell can have an effect on color balance.

Andre Noble
21-Feb-2002, 22:52
Even on a consistent E-6 line in a Pro lab, if you are really critical of the correct color balance, you still have to use Color Correction filters over your taking lens for neutral colored slides. Color balance varies from one batch of film to another.