PDA

View Full Version : Linhof CLA?

alexmacphoto
9-Apr-2010, 23:31
Hey all

I want to get my newly acquired Linhof Technika spruced up and adjusted. Where is
a good place to get this done. I did a google search and didn't come up with much.

There was some mention of Martex(?) and I sent an email and got no reply.

Any suggestions?

B.S.Kumar
9-Apr-2010, 23:44
Marflex Service Corp.
117 Anchorage Drive
US-Havelock, NC, 28532
252 6524401
Marflex@aol.com

Kumar

alexmacphoto
10-Apr-2010, 12:25
Yes that is who I sent the email to. I haven't head anything back

Frank Petronio
10-Apr-2010, 13:09
Like a lot of older gentlemen who repair cameras, he is not very email or internet saavy. He prefers to talk (for a long time) on the phone.

He is excellent and worth the old-fashioned communication!

If someone in the repair business got active on this forum they'd clean up ;-)

alexmacphoto
10-Apr-2010, 19:11
Like a lot of older gentlemen who repair cameras, he is not very email or internet saavy. He prefers to talk (for a long time) on the phone.

He is excellent and worth the old-fashioned communication!

If someone in the repair business got active on this forum they'd clean up ;-)

Ok cool.

Does anyone know about how long it takes to have done from the time you send it in?

Frank Petronio
10-Apr-2010, 19:26
Depends but a couple-three weeks is my experience.

urs0polar
10-Apr-2010, 22:24
I have the same advice as Frank. Call him; my emails went into the ether too, but he's the Real Deal and did a great job. He was on vacation when I originally emailed him, so I even left a few calls before he finally called me back a week or two later. He's cool to talk to on the phone -- you can tell he knows everything about anything Linhof.

I sent him my Tech V and 90mm 6.8 Angulon to be cammed (yeah, the old small angulon; kind of embarrassing as the Cam cost as much as the lens, but he cammed it, and he CLA'd it for me too). He replaced the rubber eyecup for like $5, and the whole camera came back looking brand new. I think he gave everything the once over just to be thorough. Incredible job. Took about 3 weeks like Frank said above.

-Mark