PDA

View Full Version : Grafmatic Question

Roger Thoms
7-Apr-2010, 20:05
So I have this Grafmatic film holder that has a grove instead of a locking rib and is a little too wide to fit in a standard back. I was wondering what it is suppose to fit.

Roger

BarryS
7-Apr-2010, 20:09
I think you have a Grafmatic that fits a Graflex back.

Michael Cienfuegos
7-Apr-2010, 20:39
Yes, it is a Graflex back Grafmatic. I have one for my Graflex SLR. Hold the tow next to each other and the difference is obvious.

Glenn Thoreson
7-Apr-2010, 20:48
Those are much harder to come by than the ones for a regular Graphic back. You could probably trade it for the model 1268 that you need and get some cash to boot.

Roger Thoms
7-Apr-2010, 21:12
Thanks everyone for the information. I got the Grafmatic with my very first 4x5, an B&J Orbit. I bought camera and Grafmatic from the photography department at Solano Community College here in CA. I vaguely remember the instructor telling me that if I filed the sides down it would work with the Orbit, probably good that I didn't file it down.

Roger

Michael Cienfuegos
8-Apr-2010, 14:33
Thanks everyone for the information. I got the Grafmatic with my very first 4x5, an B&J Orbit. I bought camera and Grafmatic from the photography department at Solano Community College here in CA. I vaguely remember the instructor telling me that if I filed the sides down it would work with the Orbit, probably good that I didn't file it down.

Roger

No! Please don't file it down. I'm sure someone with a Graflex SLR would love to have it.

Roger Thoms
8-Apr-2010, 20:27
No! Please don't file it down. I'm sure someone with a Graflex SLR would love to have it.

Actually I'm weighting my options and finding a nice Graflex SLR is one them. As is selling or trade the Grafmatic or possibly building a pinhole camera to fit it. And no I'm not going to file it down, it's way to nice anything like that.

Roger

LaurenJade
12-Apr-2010, 02:18
The Graflex Grafmatic sheet film holder holds six individual sheets of film. There are two sizes:

1. "23" -- 2-1/4" x 3-1/4" film
2. "45" -- 4" x 5" film

Songyun
18-Apr-2010, 14:10
I have a minty 1168, would like to trade for a minty 1268....

LaurenJade
21-Apr-2010, 06:11
The Graflex Grafmatic sheet film holder holds six individual sheets of film. There are two sizes:

1. "23" -- 2-1/4" x 3-1/4" film
2. "45" -- 4" x 5" film

canon speedlite flash units (http://www.cameraflashunits.com/)
heavy duty utility cart (http://www.gardenutilitycart.com/)