PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 110 lenses: Rodenstock Ysarex and Enna Ennit?

Nathan Appel
31-Mar-2010, 20:00
I have a few 110A bodies, and I'm doing a polaroid 4x5 conversion. Is there a preference on quality on either of these lenses that came stock on the polaroid bodies? I tried a google search online, and have read some really positive opinions on the rodenstock, but nothing on the Enna Ennit Werk lens. Thanks!

Gary Williams
1-Apr-2010, 19:01
I have a few 110A bodies, and I'm doing a polaroid 4x5 conversion. Is there a preference on quality on either of these lenses that came stock on the polaroid bodies? I tried a google search online, and have read some really positive opinions on the rodenstock, but nothing on the Enna Ennit Werk lens. Thanks!

I compared both lenses in the same Four Designs 110a camera, with 3x4 pack film- and got very good pictures with the Enna Werk, and the Rodenstock was not any better. More important is the light and make sure the sun is behind you, or coming in over your shoulders from the right or left side from behind.

The Enna Werk is supposed to be a cheaper lens, but actually I've taken the best pictures so far with it.