PDA

View Full Version : Bellows for Calumet 4x5 and 135 Schneider Convertible

gdi
28-Mar-2010, 09:21
I just got a Calumet 540 and it came with square bellows and a Schneider 135/5.6 (convertible to 235mm) and it seems I can get almost no movement with the lens at 135mm. Does this sound normal? Should I need to get a bag bellows for such a long lens?

Also, any good ideas for a hood and filters for this lens?

Thanks!

Gem Singer
28-Mar-2010, 09:48
Are you saying that movements, like front rise, tilt, and shift are difficult to accomplish because of bellows constriction with the 135?

If so, look for a recessed lens board.

No need for a bag bellows for the 135 focal length.

gdi
28-Mar-2010, 09:56
Are you saying that movements, like front rise, tilt, and shift are difficult to accomplish because of bellows constriction with the 135?

If so, look for a recessed lens board.

No need for a bag bellows for the 135 focal length.

Yes that is my problem, the bellows is too compressed to tilt and shift - I am afraid to force these movements. Thanks for the suggestions, but I wonder if a recessed board will give me enough room...

eddie
28-Mar-2010, 10:22
a recessed board always helps. how muc movements are you trying to use? i use my 90mm all the time with minimal issues. i also use a 75mm with a bit of restiction and even a 65mm a few times.......

eddie

gdi
28-Mar-2010, 11:43
a recessed board always helps. how muc movements are you trying to use? i use my 90mm all the time with minimal issues. i also use a 75mm with a bit of restiction and even a 65mm a few times.......

eddie

Eddie, are you doing that with a recessed board? I can do very little swing or even rise with the bellows I have. I'll try to snap a picture soon and show what I mean.