PDA

View Full Version : The new Lodima paper

Michael A. Smith
26-Mar-2010, 21:36
I just received this as an email from someone who just received their paper. After five years of struggle, his comment, the first one we have received, is most gratifying to me and Paula.

Michael A. Smith

Dear Michael

"Just a short note to tell you how beautiful your new paper is and I hope to write it up for your azo forum soon. Easily the best BW prints i've ever made. One image shot on Bergger film has astounding range and they all have super blacks.

"What a time saver to have one paper/developer for all my BW contact printing instead of the usual endless struggling."

Joel

We are stocking 8x10, 8x20, 11x14, 20x24, and may have some other sizes as well.

Athiril
27-Mar-2010, 02:43
Whats the shipping cost for international customers and where can they get it from?

Doug Howk
27-Mar-2010, 03:31
Try this link for Lodima Paper (http://store.michaelandpaula.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=v43ou05tal96vqq3gs98muj5o2)

Michael A. Smith
27-Mar-2010, 05:46
We ship internationally. The shipping cost depends on the weight of the shipment. We ship via USPS and are considerate of duties issues. Place your order and we can then give you the shipping cost. We will not process your order until you accept the shipping cost. That is not the way we usually work, but we are happy to accommodate anyone's concerns.

Michael A. Smith
www.michaelandpaula.com

Mark Woods
29-Mar-2010, 16:10
Michael,

I looked over your website and didn't find an area where the specs were listed. What light source, time of exposure (average), etc. I gathered that Amidol is the preferred developer.

Michael A. Smith
29-Mar-2010, 20:10
Mark,

That information, more or less, is in the articles I wrote: "Azo and Amidol" and "On Printing." We use a 300 Watt light bulb--an R40 standard base. Time of exposure is usally around 15-30 seconds. But for that, of course, you need to see how your own negatives respond.

There is endless infomation in answer to your questions on teh Azo Forum on our web site: www.michaelandpaula.com, under "Azo" then "Azo Forum."

Michael A. Smith

Mark Woods
5-Apr-2010, 17:29
Thanks Michael. I didn't think of the forum.

Andre Noble
6-Apr-2010, 02:43
Thanks to MIchael Smith for efforts to have this product available. With Fuji discontinuing C41 color film recently, it's clear that people like Michael Smith are going to be the best hope for acquiring the materials for our craft in the future.