PDA

View Full Version : E Francais or E Francois Petzval.

Tri Tran
26-Mar-2010, 15:35
Here 's my newest Petzval lens from a French Opticien . It will landed here next week and looking forward to use it with my Century 8 A. A Monty's Dallmeyer sister lens perhaps. Does anyone here have any idea about this lens? 20 Inches long and 8-9 inches wide , weight about 25lbs.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/549/85262779.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/i/85262779.jpg/)

Richard K.
26-Mar-2010, 15:47
Here 's my newest Petzval lens from an French Opticien . It will landed here next week and looking forward to use it with my Century 8 A. A Monty's Dallmeyer sister lens perhaps. Does anyone here have any idea about this lens? 20 Inches long and 8-9 inches wide , weight about 25lbs.

I would investigate it for steroid use...

Hugo Zhang
26-Mar-2010, 16:00
Tri,

I want to see some portraits now!!! Show us the real thing. :)

Nice find!

Tri Tran
26-Mar-2010, 16:19
Tri,

I want to see some portraits now!!! Show us the real thing. :)

Nice find!

I will, I will ... alot to show you since we last met. Send me the link when you post your P.S lens.

8x10 user
26-Mar-2010, 17:03
Where are you finding these things... Probably best to tell me by PM ;)

Hugo Zhang
26-Mar-2010, 18:56
I will, I will ... alot to show you since we last met. Send me the link when you post your P.S lens.

You know eBay link is not allowed. It's Bi, P.S's younger sister. I will give it to you if you meet the requirement. Or we can do a swap. :)

Robert Hughes
26-Mar-2010, 19:32
So? Is the lens any good? Or is it just ... too too?

Jim Fitzgerald
26-Mar-2010, 19:37
damn, Tri that lens is huge! You and Hugo are making me nuts!

Jim

Jan Pedersen
26-Mar-2010, 20:16
Your not alone Jim.
What's next? TT back pain is no fun, make sure you have something in the ceiling to lift these things.

Tri Tran
26-Mar-2010, 21:08
Jim, Jan, Robert, 8x10.
Sure it's a Petzval as we all know the the quality and the design of the glasses that old folks surface them back in time. I don't know...or it's meant to be . Some of the big lens I accquired are usually hand me down from friends or they found me so I couldn't resist, on top of that Hugo is a lens lunatic and I think I got the bugs from him too. The next step is pretty challenging is how to mount this lens on the board because the lens flange is bigger then my 8A lens board size.Is there any camera out there with the 12 inches lens board?

Mark Sawyer
26-Mar-2010, 21:25
damn, Tri that lens is huge! You and Hugo are making me nuts!

Now, Jim... It's not how big it is, it's... ummm... uh...

...how old it is? :rolleyes:

Jan Pedersen
26-Mar-2010, 21:34
TT, Yes i am a bit worried about both you an Hugo. Lenses are fun but please keep your health in mind to ok? :)

Hugo Zhang
26-Mar-2010, 21:39
Jan,

Don't worry about me. I will be a net seller than a buyer of lenses from now on. Thinning the herd, as they say. Too many of them is not a good thing. In the end, I want to keep less than 5 so I can know them intimately. :)

Tri Tran
26-Mar-2010, 21:42
Jan,

Don't worry about me. I will be a net seller than a buyer of lenses from now on. Thinning the herd, as they say. Too many of them is not a good thing. In the end, I want to keep less than 5 so I can know them intimately. :)

Oh Dear Hugo ! Please mark your words. It's easy to buy but hard to sell. Time will tell and thanks Jan for your concern.

Jan Pedersen
26-Mar-2010, 22:03
Hugo, less than 5?? you are kidding right? Who told told you that to many is not a good thing? I really don't want to know but have a feeling that you have something that this person want.

Glad that i have a fetish for short focal lenght lenses. :)

Monty McCutchen
27-Mar-2010, 07:18
Tri,

We have to get these long lost siblings together!! Wow! Let us know the coverage too when you get around to using it.

25 lbs? Child's play compared to your Cooke!

congrats

I too look forward to seeing the results

Monty

Richard K.
27-Mar-2010, 07:30
Jan,

Don't worry about me. I will be a net seller than a buyer of lenses from now on.)

I hereby position myself first in line for everything....
Let me know how much you want for.....everything...

You can't have everything...where would you keep it? (Steven Wright)

Tri Tran
27-Mar-2010, 11:58
Monty,
So sorry that we missed each other last time although we planned.Hopefully will make some time to meet with you next time when you are in my hood and go out for a shoot.Please keep me updated. Best.

Tri,

We have to get these long lost siblings together!! Wow! Let us know the coverage too when you get around to using it.

25 lbs? Child's play compared to your Cooke!

congrats

I too look forward to seeing the results

Monty