PDA

View Full Version : Information of the Cambo SCN 4 in 8x10

Ed Burlew
15-Feb-2002, 22:08
I have the opportunity to acquire a Cambo SCN 4 in 8x10 with a 4x5 reducing bac k. I am planning to use this for studio portrait work and I wnder if there are a nd special problems to look for when buying and if there is any particular reaso n why or if this camera is to be avoided. Also do the more recent bag bellows an d rails and accessories fit or is this an obsolete camera that is not part of th e present Cambo system. I have Sinar but I am tempted by the price and I have a limited specific use for it. Any one have a cambo board that I can mount my sin ar boards on?

jeff schraeder
17-Feb-2002, 08:09
Ed, I recently bought a Cambo SC? 4 8x10 with a 4x5 and a 5x7 back as well as the 8x10 back. It is a very simple device and works well for me. It is well made but quite heavy. Mine is about 20 years old and worked in a studio before I got it. It looks brand new. I ordered new lens boards from Calumet, they fit perfectly. This camera is still in production if I'm not mistaken. I have been assured by Calumet that all of the accessories in their catalogue work perfectly on the Cambo I have. Jeff

Clay Turtle
18-Jul-2008, 05:47
You mean you got a response from Calumet? Will wonders never cease! Just kidding, Hmm, I really like the revolving back on the 4x5 format, does the 8x10 format have this style of back available?

David Karp
18-Jul-2008, 08:03
I ordered new lens boards from Calumet, they fit perfectly. This camera is still in production if I'm not mistaken. I have been assured by Calumet that all of the accessories in their catalogue work perfectly on the Cambo I have. Jeff

All of the current Cambo accessories will fit (including lens boards) except the 1" square monorails and related items that work only with the SC (45NX/N/NX-II) series. The current rails are quite different and will not work with an SC.