PDA

View Full Version : Experience with lensboards from China?

Ed Richards
14-Mar-2010, 20:52
I am looking at a recessed Technika lensboard from China, sold through an eBay store. Anyone have experience with these? Returns, while possible, are more trouble than they are worth.

vinny
14-Mar-2010, 21:15
As long as your camera has room to tolerate thicker/thinner boards, I think you'll be fine. My chamonix doesn't like the thicker boards as they won't fit w/o filing the top edge down. As for the build, it's just a piece of metal that holds your lens. The name brand boards are priced like most camera equipment $$$$$$$$$ but I doubt they're much better.

Peter K
14-Mar-2010, 23:10
I am looking at a recessed Technika lensboard from China, sold through an eBay store. Anyone have experience with these? Returns, while possible, are more trouble than they are worth.
Nearly a year ago this was discussed here (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=47832).

Dirk Rösler
15-Mar-2010, 00:01
RJ is a good guy, search for seller jinfinance. He will respond to emails. Well, you are hardly risking a fortune. I had a recessed #0 board from him and it was fine. Me, I am off eBay. I'd rather find something used here.

soeren
15-Mar-2010, 03:30
RJ is a good guy, search for seller jinfinance. He will respond to emails. Well, you are hardly risking a fortune. I had a recessed #0 board from him and it was fine. Me, I am off eBay. I'd rather find something used here.

I got a Technika to Sinar adapter from him and it too was very well made.
best regards

Ed Richards
15-Mar-2010, 08:44
Thanks Peter! Missed that on my search, but I remembered there being a discussion. That Linhof board with the comfort features is wonderful, but is now $500!!!