PDA

View Full Version : This is that brand Petzval lens?

alon96
13-Mar-2010, 08:30
I like Petzval lens extremely, this is in 2009 one which purchases from France. The focal distance is 14 inches. F=5---F28.
But it does not have any trademark writing in above. I always use in mine Deardorff above the 8X10 camera. The dim quoin, has not been possible the complete photography.
I want to understand it suddenly, implores an answer.

Steven Tribe
13-Mar-2010, 08:50
The focussing guide graduation scale on the side of the cut-out are interesting. But, of course, It depends on the camera it is mounted on - and a paper label has to stuck on the lens. There is also some engraving on the barrel itself which might confirm or even point to another function. The engraving looks like a user addition. A photographer who can judge composition but with problems in seeing the details of the image on the ground glass?

alon96
13-Mar-2010, 09:07
The focussing guide graduation scale on the side of the cut-out are interesting. But, of course, It depends on the camera it is mounted on - and a paper label has to stuck on the lens. There is also some engraving on the barrel itself which might confirm or even point to another function. The engraving looks like a user addition. A photographer who can judge composition but with problems in seeing the details of the image on the ground glass?

Hello! Steven,
this really very much looks like one personal has transformed the lens. Its typeface is very ugly and the weak carving.