PDA

View Full Version : BTZS software?

Grant Evans
8-Mar-2010, 22:25
Is there BTZS software available for Windows 7 and which hand held device will it work with? I am unable to use my old version and no longer have a functioning hand held device to use it with. Any leads are much appreciated. Thanks.
Grant :)

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
8-Mar-2010, 22:52
The BTZS software does work with windows 7, or at least it does on my work machine. the only handhelds it works with (sigh) are palm. I use mine with an old Treo. Anyone know if it works with the new palm pre machines?

D. Bryant
9-Mar-2010, 08:17
The BTZS software does work with windows 7, or at least it does on my work machine. the only handhelds it works with (sigh) are palm. I use mine with an old Treo. Anyone know if it works with the new palm pre machines?
It works fine on my Zire.

Don Bryant

jeroldharter
9-Mar-2010, 08:41
I looked into this some time ago. It seems that the development if a mobile Windows version died and I am not aware of anyone working on that. The good news is that a lot of used Palms are out there and it works well. The Plotter and ExpoDev software work with windows (I am still using XP and Vista) and apparently Windows 7 as noted above. But the handheld device must be a Palm.

Jay DeFehr
9-Mar-2010, 08:53
I'm still waiting for MacPlotter! I don't like having to keep a windows machine around to run WinPlotter. I'm surprised there's not a freeware version, or iPhone app by now.

keith schreiber
9-Mar-2010, 13:53
I'm still waiting for MacPlotter! I don't like having to keep a windows machine around to run WinPlotter. I'm surprised there's not a freeware version, or iPhone app by now.

Plotter for Windows works just fine on my MBP under Parallels. You can also run it through Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com/), which doesn't even require installing windoze on your mac.

Jim Cole
9-Mar-2010, 14:28
Grant,

I bought a refurbed monochrome Palm device off the bay for about $20 and an aluminum case for about $2 specifically for ExpoDev. Works like a champ.

sanking
10-Mar-2010, 06:25
Plotter for Windows works just fine on my MBP under Parallels. You can also run it through Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com/), which doesn't even require installing windoze on your mac.

Plotter was originally written by Phil Davis for the Macintosh but was ported over the the PC environment some years ago. I don't to see another MAC version of Plotter, but to find out for sure if this is a possibility contact Fred Newman at the View Camera Store.

I have personally run Winplotter on MACS using many different emulation systems. However, these days I am just running it on an HP Mini Netbook that I bough primarily for net service when traveling. It seems to work fine on Windows 7. If I want to export graphics produced by the program I use the capture screen selection when working in Plotter and then past the image file into a Word file.

Sandy King

Keith Pitman
10-Mar-2010, 08:40
Sandy, et al,

The netbooks (unless upgraded) use a 32-bit version of Windows 7; while most laptops use a 64-bit version (again unless upgraded to the "Professional" version which has 32-bit and 64-bit. There are issues in sync-ing Palm devices to the 64-bit version of Windows-7. I've been able to run BTZS on the 64-bit version of Windows 7 just fine, but cannot sync to my Palm Centro PDA/phone. Not a big deal to me for BTZS, as I do not use the PDA for photography, but it might be to someone. There are several work arounds on the palm.com website, but they are a little pricey and/or cumbersome.

Shen45
10-Mar-2010, 18:46
I run Linux and dislike Windows but I'm more than willing to use a very old laptop in my darkroom running Windows ME with the WinPlotter software and the Palm interface. BTZS is well worth that "lowering" of standards.

As for the Palm I got an old Zire recently for 20 - 30 dollars as a spare. The system is so fantastic make whatever compromises you need -- even use Windows on a separate partition if you need to.

Grant Evans
10-Mar-2010, 19:44
Grant,

I bought a refurbed monochrome Palm device off the bay for about $20 and an aluminum case for about $2 specifically for ExpoDev. Works like a champ.

Thanks Jim. BTW, I lived in Sedona for 11 years and moved here to Fort Collins, CO, in 2005. I miss the red rocks but not the tourists!! I also miss being so close to so many beautiful sites! Take care.
Grant