PDA

View Full Version : FWCAC Biennial Art Show on now in Texas

Darren H
7-Mar-2010, 14:49
For those in or near north Texas, the Fort Worth Community Arts Center is having it's biennial art show the month of March.

The displayed art is photography, painting, sculpture, etc. There are at least a couple large format photographers (well at least me) with a piece in the show.

The FWCAC is at the corner of Montgomery and Lancaster (the old Modern Art building) across from the Amon Carter and next door to the Will Rogers Center.

For more info:

http://www.fwcac.com/

Jeremy Moore
8-Mar-2010, 12:04
Darren,

I think it's wonderful you have a piece hanging in this show, but I am a little miffed you didn't post a thread about the open call for work they were having, too.

If you had there may have been more than just a couple of LF photographers with work in the show. I live in Fort Worth myself, but didn't know of this call or would have submitted a piece by the deadline last Friday.

This is neither here nor there, though, and I'll be getting up to see the work this week so I'll look for your piece!

A little more on the show, it's up now and runs through the 28th of March with an artist's reception on the 27th.

Direct link: http://www.fwcac.com/?exhibition_detail/1195

Darren H
9-Mar-2010, 04:26
Darren,

I think it's wonderful you have a piece hanging in this show, but I am a little miffed you didn't post a thread about the open call for work they were having, too.

If you had there may have been more than just a couple of LF photographers with work in the show. I live in Fort Worth myself, but didn't know of this call or would have submitted a piece by the deadline last Friday.

This is neither here nor there, though, and I'll be getting up to see the work this week so I'll look for your piece!

A little more on the show, it's up now and runs through the 28th of March with an artist's reception on the 27th.

Direct link: http://www.fwcac.com/?exhibition_detail/1195

Sorry about that. Not posting it here had everything to do with I had no idea about it either until the last minute. I got an email at work Friday from a friend who was doing it and I raced home after work, grabbed a print and headed down there to just beat the turn in deadline. Did not even have a chance to think about posting here until the weekend and by then it was too late.

Had I known about it in advance, I would have put it up with hopes of several of the local folks getting into the show.

BTW- if the DFW folks would every like to get together and do a show there, I believe that it can be arranged for a small cost. I took part in a show there a couple of years ago with the Fort Worth Camera Club. Depending on how many folks and number of prints/wall space needed they can set it all up.

Jeremy Moore
9-Mar-2010, 09:37
Darren,

After I put up my post I thought this might be how it was--as I know that's how it always is when I hear of show opportunities. I do appreciate your note that if you'd heard earlier you would have passed it on.

I'm all for a show at the FWCAC of the LFForum DFW LF Photographers, though at the tail end of graduate degrees I have NO time to organize such an event but would participate.