PDA

View Full Version : ATL-1000 problem

Michal Makowski
2-Mar-2010, 14:47
I have purchased ATL 1000 processor several weeks ago. And now I made some test, without chemistry, only with water. A run 6-bath E6 process. Everything seams to be ok but when the process was over I realized that chemistry bottles are still full. Then I switched to cleaning mode and when made additional rubber lid for first bottle the "chemistry/water" was immediately pump out. My ATL doesn’t have any seals under the lids, and the pressure made by the cover is not appropriate. Please check yours machines and let me know what to do.

Michal

Joanna Carter
2-Mar-2010, 15:38
You are missing the seals under the lids. Without these, you can never get the pressure to pump the contents of the bottles.

Michal Makowski
3-Mar-2010, 01:35
Thank you Joanna. I thought so that it could “lids” problem, but know I know for sure!
Can I join UKLFPG? It's much closer to UK than to US from Poland :D ;)

Michal Makowski
31-Mar-2010, 13:24
Another question: is the seal between processor and tank necessary? I had tried different Jobo seals and always there where problems with tank rotation. In one way (clockwise) the rotation is not smooth and random in speed. Without red seal everything works fine. What are your experiences?
Regards
Michal

numnutz
2-Apr-2010, 06:28
I have this problem with my ATL 1000. I have some spare seals but opted to use some rubber laboratory bungs purchased from eBay.

I removed the plastic caps and substituted the red rubber bungs with a bit of plastic foam over the tops, so when the lid comes down to start processing it holds the bungs in place.

Note that this method does not have any form of pressure relief like the springs on the original caps so solutions may leak from other places, you can check for this by putting some dye into the solution bottles then checking for leaks.

hope this helps

nn :)

Michal Makowski
3-Apr-2010, 01:58
I have this problem with my ATL 1000. I have some spare seals but opted to use some rubber laboratory bungs purchased from eBay.

I removed the plastic caps and substituted the red rubber bungs with a bit of plastic foam over the tops, so when the lid comes down to start processing it holds the bungs in place.

Note that this method does not have any form of pressure relief like the springs on the original caps so solutions may leak from other places, you can check for this by putting some dye into the solution bottles then checking for leaks.

hope this helps

nn :)

Thank you, I had already solved this problem. I bought jobo seals from jobo serviceman.
But now I wonder if the seal between processor and tank is necessary? With the seal rotation is not smooth and even stops sometimes (it' happens only in one direction). Without the seal everything is OK.
Michal