PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready to Purchase Chamonix, couple q's.

sheeep
28-Feb-2010, 22:57
I'm about to start sending away money for my first LF kit but I still have a few last second questions.

I'm pretty set on the Chamonix 45-N, seems like it's everyone's best buy. I'm choosing it over the Shen Hao PTB series because of the included Fresnel, and the universal bellows.

I read the issue of focus shifts, and their solution was to add a 16mm hole in the middle of the Fresnel. Does this mean you can only check focus in that 16mm hole, and not across the entire GG?

Are there any 4x5 holders that don't play nice with the camera?

thanks

-Omar

Jack Dahlgren
28-Feb-2010, 23:03
There was a post a couple of days ago about the new version 45N2 which you might want to look into. It fixes the fresnel "issue" and a bunch of other stuff.

4x5 holders are standard items. Unless you get one of the old slotted graflex holders you won't have a problem.

If I were you I'd check with Chamonix and ask when they are taking orders for the new version.

I'm about to start sending away money for my first LF kit but I still have a few last second questions.

I'm pretty set on the Chamonix 45-N, seems like it's everyone's best buy. I'm choosing it over the Shen Hao PTB series because of the included Fresnel, and the universal bellows.

I read the issue of focus shifts, and their solution was to add a 16mm hole in the middle of the Fresnel. Does this mean you can only check focus in that 16mm hole, and not across the entire GG?

thanks

-Omar

vinny
28-Feb-2010, 23:11

thanks

-Omar[/QUOTE]

On mine, the polaroid 545i holder doesn't sit that well due to it's weight. I've had light leaks. Also, the rotating tabs for the graflock portion of the back aren't aligned properly on my camera, therefore holders don't sit tight against the camera. I've had to add shims to my roll film back in order to make it snug in the camera. I ran this problem by chamonix but got no response.

GPS
1-Mar-2010, 02:07

-Omar

Yes, it means that.