PDA

View Full Version : Question on Sinar Norma 8x10

Andrea Gazzoni
27-Feb-2010, 15:39
Hello fellows, I am wondering if these "spacers" on the four corners of the frame, just behind the groundglass of my 8x10 Sinar Norma are a standard feature or they were added by previous owner.
The spacers keep the GG frame uplifted from the back, see pictures.
As a result there is a 5mm slot between the GG and the back.
I've inserted a film holder and my first impression, before even putting a single sheet of film in it, is that the film in the holder and the groundglass are not on the same plane.

Any suggestion is appreciated

thank you

Richard Wasserman
27-Feb-2010, 16:14
I have an 8x10 Norma and mine looks exactly like yours. I would try a sheet of film to see if the camera focuses correctly, I think it will.

ic-racer
27-Feb-2010, 16:25
Wow, adjustable ground glass spacing and alignment... and all the good and bad it can bring :)

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
27-Feb-2010, 18:19
All Normas came like this. There are two different positions for the ground glass spacing and if I remember correctly it is obvious which position is to be used for the modern double sided holder. The other position I think was used for special single sided 18x24 cm holder.

Keiske
27-Feb-2010, 18:33
See Sinar Norma instruction manual of Camera Eccentric
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/sinar_1.html
Those bearing points are for color separation work together with special Sinar holder.

Andrea Gazzoni
28-Feb-2010, 07:31
thank you all, as always any information is available here.

p.s. what a beautiful camera!

ic-racer
28-Feb-2010, 09:23
See Sinar Norma instruction manual of Camera Eccentric
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/sinar_1.html
Those bearing points are for color separation work together with special Sinar holder.

I see, so when set up for a 'normal' film holder, the manual seem to indicate the GG distance would be fixed as manufactured. The adjustable resting points for the GG would only be available when the color separation holders are used.

Andrea Gazzoni
28-Feb-2010, 14:03
I've read the manual, one thing that it's not so clear is where exactly #1 position of the bearing point is.
If you look at the figure it seems that #1 position is with the pin touching the frame (the pin is below the single "x").

Now the corner of the frame has this hollow area that could accomodate the pin point.
In this case the GG frame could sink into the rear frame until closing.
Isn't this one the right position for normal doublesided film holders?

thank you

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
1-Mar-2010, 02:19
The #1 position is against the metal frame. The #2 and #3 are marked on the ground glass as Multicolor 8x10 and Multicolor 18x24 cm.

Andrea Gazzoni
1-Mar-2010, 02:56
Thank you Gudmundur