PDA

View Full Version : Locations near Salt Lake city

Allen BirnbachXXX
1-Jan-2002, 11:25
I'm traveling to Salt Lake City in a couple of weeks, and looking for some lands cape opportunities that are within a couple of hours drive of the city.

Rob Oliver
1-Jan-2002, 12:54
Well I am not going to give you any specifics but I can pretty much guarantee you that you will find plenty of oportunities no matter which direction you drive out of Salt Lake within your 2 hour time limit. Remember that the snow is extremely deep in the mountains but you should be able to get some great shots from the roads in the canyons. West of Salt Lake the South shore of the Great Salt Lake is excellent as well as the west desert area. North and South of the city is mostly additional cities but the canyons and Lake around those cities are excellent as well. Everybody sees things different, so I would recommend that you look around and find the things that you like.

Raymond Bleesz
2-Jan-2002, 10:41
Allen----How's things in Denver??--May I suggest Cache Valley (Logan) north of SLC--it has an agricultural base/history as does most of Utah & it offers "solitude et tranquility"----and I have enjoyed images on the road between Green River & Spanish Fork ( Carbon County) over Soldier's Summit Pass--the old route 6. from Vail--former '67 USU graduate Raymond

Allen BirnbachXXX
2-Jan-2002, 11:26
Raymond, What kind of drive times am I looking at, just so I have a sense of how to budget time. Thanks.

Bob Krantz
2-Jan-2002, 18:47
Allen: Within one hour, you can get to the Great Salt Lake (south shore near I-80) or Antelope Island via the causeway. The far west or southern areas of the Salt Lake valley may still preserve some pre-tract housing landscapes (or do what Baltz did and embrace the visual contrasts). If you want to drive a bit further, you can be in Price in 2 hours, and then head south into the canyon country. Bob