PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 plate holder

trumil9
24-Feb-2010, 14:52
Hello
My name is Voytek, this is my first post here. Live in Illinois, close to IL/WI border.
I have question regarding Kodak 4x5 plate holders made for Graflex 4x5. Seller who offers holders for Graflex told that it will no fit my SinarP. That I have to buy modern plastic holders. What do you think? I started with film but seriously want to try plates.
Thank you.

Peter K
24-Feb-2010, 15:12
Hello Voytek,

you can use any double sheetfilm holder 4x5" made by Fidelity, Lisco, Toyo as you can find e. g. here (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Film+holder+4x5&N=0&InitialSearch=yes).

As I know you can only look for used double plate holders like the "4x5 Graphic Plate Type III" for the use with your Sinar.

Peter

trumil9
24-Feb-2010, 15:37
This I know, but they are usable with plates after adjusting only (removing some parts from holder inside). I want to get original one

Sevo
24-Feb-2010, 15:40
Hello
My name is Voytek, this is my first post here.

And I (sort of) sent you here... Welcome!

Live in Illinois, close to IL/WI border.
I have question regarding Kodak 4x5 plate holders made for Graflex 4x5. Seller who offers holders for Graflex told that it will no fit my SinarP. That I have to buy modern plastic holders. What do you think? I started with film but seriously want to try plates.

Graflex is not Graphic, nor Graflock (the currently common "International" back) - the reflex cameras used a different back and holder system. Plate holders can be hard to find, modern plastic holders are all film, and international type plate holders are rare. In Europe your best bet would be fitting a Plaubel 9x12 sheet metal holder back to the sinar - the Plaubel backs have their own matte screen so that it does not matter whether you screw them onto a intermediate board (fortunately sinars can be expanded with square bits of 3mm fiberboard), and there are gazillions of sheet metal plate holders (the situation is reversed there, most are missing the film insert/septum).

Sevo

Peter K
24-Feb-2010, 17:12
Graflex is not Graphic, nor Graflock (the currently common "International" back) - the reflex cameras used a different back and holder system.
The double plate holder mentioned befor is "Made in USA by Graflex Inc. Rochester NY" and it fits in a Sinar 4x5.

Older Linhof backs for single plate or film holders take the same single holders as Plaubel cameras with so called "million fold" also. And also the old backs from the Sinar Norma too. But only for metric, 9x12cm, plate and film sizes.

You can also look for Linhof Double holders 4x5", but not "Super sheetfilm holders". With this holder plates and sheetfilms can be used.

Peter

trumil9
24-Feb-2010, 18:13
The double plate holder mentioned befor is "Made in USA by Graflex Inc. Rochester NY" and it fits in a Sinar 4x5.

(...)

Peter

Exactly what seller offers. I will buy them. Thank you all for the advice.