PDA

View Full Version : Sinar P Manual

rachel s
20-Feb-2010, 09:10
Seems to be pretty hard to find a SINAR P manual. Does anyone have one? I was told that there is also a wall chart that came with it. Does ANYONE have a copy of these items or know where I can get one? Much appreciated.

Robert Fisher
20-Feb-2010, 09:31
I have a PDF of the Sinar instruction manual for the P2, C2, F2 & F1. If you want PM me your email address.

Regards,

Robert

rachel s
20-Feb-2010, 09:47
Thanks so much. I'm not sure what PM is but here is my email.

How applicable is the P2 manual to the P?

healthyhomes168@yahoo.com

ljsegil
20-Feb-2010, 09:56
I'm pretty sure the manuals are available through the right part of the SinarBron website, if you can get lucky enough to navigate through to the right place (they don't make it easy), and I think Butkus.org may have it as well.
Larry

Ken Lee
20-Feb-2010, 09:59
From a quick Google search:

http://www.webster.edu/acadaffairs/asp/mediacenter/Photo/equipment%20manuals/sinar_introduction_manual.pdf (http://www.webster.edu/acadaffairs/asp/mediacenter/Photo/equipment%20manuals/sinar_introduction_manual.pdf)

rachel s
20-Feb-2010, 10:26
thanks so much Lee. I checked out your sight it looks amazing. I will explore it further no doubt. Lovely images.

rachel s
20-Feb-2010, 10:31
ljsegil: so appreciative of all your quick responses. I'm just getting started so I've been a little overwhelmed and so happy to find this sight!

I'll check out SinarBron and Butkus.org

Paul T
20-Feb-2010, 21:36
Rachel,
I would suggest you look for the following two used books:

The Large Format, Handbook of the Sinar System; Koch & Marchesi
Photo Know-How, The art of large format photography; Koch & Marchesi

Both are very, very good.

The first takes you through the entire Sinar system, how all the parts can be used together, and goes into basic camera use \ applications.

The second book is a solid guide to large format photography using Sinar gear. It has many expamples and exercises that can help you learn to take full advantage of all the Sinar features.

Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line, I will do my best to help.

Paul

VictoriaPerelet
20-Feb-2010, 23:28
Sinar P repair manual:

http://www.image2output-support.com/downloads/sinar/View%20Camera%20Service%20Manuals/Sinar%20P.pdf

rachel s
21-Feb-2010, 09:24
Wow, thanks so much for all the help here on the sight. I will definitely buy those books, Paul. I guess I just wasn't looking in the right place (here!) for the info.

And thanks to you, too, Victoria.

Rachel

Rachel,
I would suggest you look for the following two used books:

The Large Format, Handbook of the Sinar System; Koch & Marchesi
Photo Know-How, The art of large format photography; Koch & Marchesi

Both are very, very good.

The first takes you through the entire Sinar system, how all the parts can be used together, and goes into basic camera use \ applications.

The second book is a solid guide to large format photography using Sinar gear. It has many expamples and exercises that can help you learn to take full advantage of all the Sinar features.

Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line, I will do my best to help.

Paul

Daniel Unkefer
21-Feb-2010, 09:29
Yes by all means take the Sinar "Photo Know How" course. That is the best way to learn all the capabilities of the Sinar system.

rachel s
21-Feb-2010, 10:28
Is the "Photo Know How" in the books recommended here?

rachel s
21-Feb-2010, 10:59
Just ordered it, Daniel, thanks, can't wait to pour over it!

Bjorn Nilsson
25-Feb-2010, 09:45
I just want to second the advice on these two excellent books. Some 25 years ago I learnt LF photography with "Photo Know How", which consists of numerous different tasks which are(were) encountered by professional photographers.
The first one "The Large Format" is probably one of the best beers in the world ... sorry that should read "one of the best camera manuals in the world. :)

//Björn

rachel s
25-Feb-2010, 09:57
Very funny, thanks Bjorn!