PDA

View Full Version : New Kodak Readyload Film Holder

Robert Ruderman
31-Dec-2001, 12:15
Hi,

I paid a visit to my local photo supply shop over the weekend. I noticed that t he new Kodak single sheet readyload holders were finally available to the masses . A salesperson mentioned that there was a problem with the new holders. I was wondering if anyone out there in Large Format land could confirm the following:

The sales person said that the new holders cause fogging around the edge of the negative because the edges were "too glossy and reflective". This was especiall y true in bright lighting situations.

Has anyone seen this problem with the new single sheet Readyloads?

Thanks, Robert

scambug
31-Dec-2001, 13:53
Mine works just fine. A friend's also works fine. If there is a problem, however, I imagine that it would be easy to fix with some matt black paint and/or fine sand paper.

jnorman
31-Dec-2001, 15:41
i have put only about 400 negs through the new holder so far, but i have not had a single problem. all outdoor daylight architectural work. it seems like a great new holder to me - very solid and secure.

violin
1-Jan-2002, 05:36
Yes I have this holder and get a white fog line along the top and left and right hand side of the neg's, you can crop it out but it's a consistant pain. Would mat black paint help this situation?