PDA

View Full Version : My first images!

mcguireek
16-Feb-2010, 22:05
I am very new to large format photography and I have no one around to give me any feedback. These are the first two shots I ever took with my crown graphic (Last week) and I would love some feedback/comments/advice from all of you seasoned LF-ers. Any comments on the images are appreciated!:)

venchka
16-Feb-2010, 22:25
Your "Firsts" are way better than mine were. Keep doing what your doing.

bobwysiwyg
17-Feb-2010, 04:03
Your "Firsts" are way better than mine were. Keep doing what your doing.

+1

dsim
17-Feb-2010, 08:56
Beautiful images.

Ken Lee
17-Feb-2010, 09:43
Very lovely. You're an artist for sure. They have deep feeling.

The second photo: Was there uneven development ?

mcguireek
17-Feb-2010, 10:04
I'm not sure about the development on the second photo (like I said, I'm pretty new to this and it shows:o ). What did you see that made you ask that? I used a jobo drum developer and scanned the negs without making any adjustments to contrast or anything.

Ken Lee
17-Feb-2010, 12:11
I have attached a copy of the photo, with some arrows that point to the areas which appear irregular.

It's easier to see in the sky, but appears in a number of places.

bvstaples
17-Feb-2010, 14:25
Very nice shots, I especially like the bridge shot. How do you feel about your images?

Brian

mcguireek
17-Feb-2010, 16:35
It has been a really gratifying experience s far and I am hooked. I think my favorite is the second picture because i really like the icy/surreal mood that it creates.
To be honest though, when it comes down to it I am just thrilled that they aren't completely white or black. I had no clue how they would turn out. Now I just need to master the print!

Chris Strobel
17-Feb-2010, 17:55
Very nice indeed!

ImSoNegative
20-Feb-2010, 08:46
Excellent! great mood, very nostalgic looking, what lens did you use? also film