PDA

View Full Version : Fair price Beseler 5x7

photosailor
11-Feb-2010, 18:20
Hi,

I'm not familiar at all with anything larger than a D2, but now that I am doing 5x7 and 8x10 negatives, it may be time to get a bigger enlarger (8x10 won't fit in the darkroom). What is a fair price for a beseler 5x7 with a cold light head? I have a chance to buy one, but it's a couple hours away. Are reasons I should avoid a Beseler? What is a ballpark price with a Rodenstock 210mm lens?

Thanks

Steve Sherman
11-Feb-2010, 21:14
Hi,

I'm not familiar at all with anything larger than a D2, but now that I am doing 5x7 and 8x10 negatives, it may be time to get a bigger enlarger (8x10 won't fit in the darkroom). What is a fair price for a beseler 5x7 with a cold light head? I have a chance to buy one, but it's a couple hours away. Are reasons I should avoid a Beseler? What is a ballpark price with a Rodenstock 210mm lens?

Thanks

There are only a few Beseler 5x7 with cold light head installed and designed by Beseler. Cold light has a handle on the front which you grasp and pull together at the same time you open the the negative carrier.

If this is the one you are speaking of, it uses the same 45 M or MX chassis so it is space saving to say the least. For that reason along with so few were made I'd say if unit is complete and in working order $300 - $400.00.

Hope this helps

photosailor
12-Feb-2010, 00:39
Steve,
Yes, the picture shows the Beseler name on the cold light head, and the frame looks familiar to some 4x5 Beselers I have seen. Thanks for the ballpark on value. I am a little hesitant because with so few made, it might be impossible to find replacement parts if the cold light ever fails.