PDA

View Full Version : Howtek maintenance help

Kburg928
9-Feb-2010, 22:10
I'm trying to find some supplies for a Howtek 7500 scanner that I just picked up.

I need to grease the leadscrew and I'm trying to find the kluber grease that's recommended from Aztek but I would like to try to find it locally instead of ordering it from them. If anyone has this scanner could you please let me know what you used or where you bought the grease from.

I'm also thinking about polishing the drums, what can be used that's safe?

Thanks

Ivan J. Eberle
10-Feb-2010, 06:59
Seems counter-intuitive to me-- why not order from Aztek to support the only place left that stocks Howtek parts, services and calibrates them, provides expertise?

Tim Povlick
10-Feb-2010, 07:39
Here you go:

http://store.aztek.com/servlet/-strse-242/Klubber-ISO-Topaz-Grease/Detail

http://store.aztek.com/servlet/-strse-213/Drum-Care-Polish-Kit/Detail

Have fun with the drum,

Tim

Kburg928
10-Feb-2010, 07:51
By the time I pay for shipping I could buy a larger tube of the kluber grease loacaly. It's not a special grease only made for aztek so why pay more to buy it from them? On their site they have it listed as kluber iso topas, there's a few different grades of that grease you can buy, I was hoping someone knew what one to get.

eric black
10-Feb-2010, 08:25
I bought the grease from them- I dont recall specifics, but do recall the grease was priced rediculously high. The amount that Aztek sent to me will easily last me 10 years or more. A very small amount- eraser size or less on a couple of locations on the screw- is required and the application should be annual at the most.

Lenny Eiger
10-Feb-2010, 11:51
It's not a special grease only made for aztek so why pay more to buy it from them?

These guys are friends of mine and they're good people. I don't like paying higher prices either and I've complained about it to them directly. However, they are a very small operation with a decent sized facility to pay for and they need to eat as well.

The real issue for me, however, is that if your scanner ever throws a rod (or mine), there is only one guy in the entire world set up to fix it, test it, get it back running smoothly. That's Evan, at Aztek.

Makes it very simple for me....

Lenny

Kburg928
10-Feb-2010, 17:39
I have no problem supporting Aztek, I just ordered my Kami drum scanning kit from them but I forgot to order the grease. I don't really want to wait another week to get the it plus pay for the added shipping. Sure if I lived in Cali I would have no problem with it since I would get it fast but when its kluber grease that I can get locally how can you blame me for asking?

I'm also looking at ordering DPL from Aztek here in the next few month and I'm hoping to be able to talk to something that has it to see what they think about it.

JohnnyV
17-Feb-2010, 17:57
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-Oz-Tube-ptfe/dp/B000XBH9HI/ref=pd_sim_auto_1

Radio Shack used to sell this. But no longer. True Value/Ace Hardware and other local hardware stores more than likely carry it.