PDA

View Full Version : Graflex in the Taco Bell Add in Super Bowl

ki6mf
7-Feb-2010, 19:33
It looks like Speed or Crown Graphics were used in the Charles Barkley Taco Bell add. There were photographers using LF press cameras in the background.

Walter Calahan
7-Feb-2010, 20:57
I had to laugh when I saw it, and asked a buddy if he thought it was digital. Grin.

Amazing that viewers still except the Speed Graphic as a legitimate camera example.

Mark Sawyer
7-Feb-2010, 21:38
Amazing that viewers still except the Speed Graphic as a legitimate camera example.

Well, they accept Taco Bell as legitimate food... :eek:

lenser
7-Feb-2010, 23:04
Touche and well done, Mark.

brian d
8-Feb-2010, 00:53

Umm, Why would'nt they?

Paul Bujak
8-Feb-2010, 06:16
I have a Speed Graphic and I eat lunch at Taco Bell every Saturday. It's all sort of traditional. :D

sun of sand
8-Feb-2010, 06:52
Too bad that was one of the worst commercials of the night
it was painful
that dumb doritos dog collar commercial was even worse
Doritos must have put a lot of $ into their spots and all but the touch my momma one were dumb

Ivan J. Eberle
8-Feb-2010, 06:59
My Super Graphic looks like a lunchbox (but it's even cooler than the Secret Squirrel LB I carried to school in the second grade).

r_a_feldman
8-Feb-2010, 10:36

Certain objects become iconic. For trains, it is the EMD F7 (e.g., Santa Fe Super Chief). The Speed Graphic is the iconic press camera -- think of all of the classic movies where they are used by the Press. I also remember seeing a recent fashion or cosmetics ad where the photographers jockying around the celebrity are using Speed Graphics.

Bob