PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Lensboard compatibility

Julian Boulter
6-Feb-2010, 15:00
Hi All,

So I have just taken delivery of a new 240mm Rodenstock Sironar in Copal 3 for my Gandolfi Variant 10x8, and was happy to see it came attached to a Sinar lensboard which my Gandolfi takes, only this board wont fit!!

When I bought the camera I also bought a Sinar to Linhof/Wista adapter so I could use the smaller boards and this Sinar adapter fits the camera perfectly as does another Sinar board I have. But the new lens with its Sinar board will not fit. On examination the board is a bit thicker and has an extra inner square rim running inside the outer rim concentrically which the Sinar adapter and other Sinar board does not have. It is the thickness of this additional rim that prevents it from mounting to the camera. All the boards are clearly marked 'Sinar' and all look to be about the same age.

So what gives? there seems to be a difference in boards, how do I know which one to order?

Cheers

Julian

Steve Hamley
6-Feb-2010, 15:10
Check a genuine Sinar board. There's a thread here somewhere that indicates some other boards are larger?

Cheers, Steve

Armin Seeholzer
6-Feb-2010, 15:12
The Sinar boards made in China are sometimes a bit hard to get into it if they new, but normaly they go!
They also have the Sinar name on them, but they are cheaper as also the watchs from China!

Gem Singer
6-Feb-2010, 15:58
Julian,

Does your lens board have the name "Sinar" embossed in raised lettering at the lower left corner?

Also, look for a red dot on the bottom of the back side.

If not, it's not a genuine Sinar board.

Armin Seeholzer
6-Feb-2010, 17:05
Does your lens board have the name "Sinar" embossed in raised lettering at the lower left corner?

Also, look for a red dot on the bottom of the back side.

Haha the China boards have this also, and a Rolex from China looks also very similar to a really Rolex at least outside.

Cheers Armin