PDA

View Full Version : Fujicolor NSP 160: Datasheet

rguinter
6-Feb-2010, 09:50
Greetings: Anyone have a datasheet for a vintage film: Fujicolor NSP 160? I can't find any info on this film with an internet search. Search engines keep redirecting me to the newer NPS.

I was given a 20-sheet box of it a while ago and decided to give it a try while cleaning out my film freezer.

Anyone have any experience with it? I've used a lot of Fuji chrome film over the years but I never used any Fujicolor until recently.

Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers. Bob G.

ignatiusjk
7-Feb-2010, 14:38
Fuji's nps 160 is an excellent film it has a lower contrast to it which is nice if your out in the field.I use it for my 4x5 landscapes and it is much better than Kodak's color neg film. You can shoot it at 100 with out any real problems.Try 125 if your not sure.

Michael Gordon
8-Feb-2010, 09:21
You can still find the data sheet on Fuji's site (http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AF3-809E.pdf). The emulsion is now called Pro 160s. I expose it at ISO100 and develop normally. Excellent film.

rguinter
9-Feb-2010, 03:51
Michael: Great. Many thanks for the link. I'm wondering why google couldn't find this but sometimes I find that the search engine gets overwhelmed with erroneous hits. Bob G.

rguinter
10-Feb-2010, 06:33
You can still find the data sheet on Fuji's site (http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AF3-809E.pdf). The emulsion is now called Pro 160s. I expose it at ISO100 and develop normally. Excellent film.

Michael: Again after looking at the datasheet they are referring to it as Fujicolor NPS.

But the old box I have is NSP not NPS.

I'm wondering if Fuji simply reversed the letters at one time... or could NSP be something distinctly different?

It was also different how they packed the vintage film. Instead of using a triple box it was a double and they included a number of plastic sleeves inside the box. I'm wondering if this could have been for use with quickloads of some sort. Don't know... I've never used them.

Bob G.