View Full Version : 120 roll film back for graflex questions

1-Feb-2010, 09:16
I've seen some 120 backs for graflex on ebay.

They look like my RB67 back glued to a 4x5" film holder for my speed graphic.

My question is - how would you get that under the ground glass at the back? Or would this not work on a speed graphic?

1-Feb-2010, 09:58
They only work if you have a Graflok back with the sliding bars on top and bottom (see http://www.graflex.org/speed-graphic/features.html#GraflokBack).

Calumet (and maybe others) did offer a roll film back that would slide in like a film holder.

Chauncey Walden
1-Feb-2010, 10:02
It doesn't go under the ground glass; it is used with a Graflok back. However, there are backs designed to go under the glass in a spring back. These look like a Polaroid back on steroids as the feed and take up spools both sit at one end. Calumet had them and there is an older one for 620 which can be used with 120 feeding onto a 620 spool.