PDA

View Full Version : converting ilford ICP-42 to B&W chemistry question

jwmvv
30-Jan-2010, 20:30
Hi All,
I've recently aquired an Ilford ICP-42 roller transport print processor and am planning to run B&W throught it. Has anyone had success with standard paper developers as the machine specific chemistry is out of my budget?

Thanks

IanG
31-Jan-2010, 06:50
If you turn the temperature controller down to between 20-24°C then a developer like Ilford PQ Universal or Muligrade dev will be ideal. If you want to mix your own then ID-62 is similar

Ian

Bill_1856
31-Jan-2010, 07:53
It's been my experience that only RC papers transport well,while unfortunately the Fiber based stuff doesn't.

Larry Gebhardt
31-Jan-2010, 11:30
Since you can adjust both the temp and the speed almost any black and white developer should work. You will be limited to RC paper (I've never tried FB in mine, but I can't see how it would work well).

IanG
31-Jan-2010, 14:05
Since you can adjust both the temp and the speed almost any black and white developer should work. You will be limited to RC paper (I've never tried FB in mine, but I can't see how it would work well).

A PQ developer keeps far better and can be replenished ad infinitum almost but an MQ developer will oxidise too fast.

Back in the 70's I used an Agfa paper designed for their Activator/Stabiliser processor, but it was single weight so absorbed very little water. Personally I wouldn't put a modern Fibre based paper through a roller transport processor.

Great for RC though :D

Ian

jwmvv
2-Feb-2010, 15:36
Thanks everyone for your replies, was planning to put RC through.
I'll try it out with some multigrade dev when I get a chance and let you know how I go.

Thanks again
James