PDA

View Full Version : 13 x 18 cm PROCESSING TANK?

Philippe Debeerst
30-Jan-2010, 01:37
I have a bunch of those well made KODAK 13x18 cm sheet-film frames (see attachment), but no tank, or what so ever, to put them in for processing sheet film.
So, I am desperately looking for a few of these tanks, wether SS steel, hard rubber or plastic (in the EEC for convenience).
I am aware of that I might not find this easily, even used, but does anybody has an idea for a home made alternative?

Thank you,

Philippe

Paul O
30-Jan-2010, 03:35
Not much help regarding your film hangers but I process 5x7 / 13x18 in a Paterson Orbital Processor? Might be an option if you can find one - usually on EbayUK.

cdholden
30-Jan-2010, 06:46
Philippe,
Where are you located? I've got 4 Leedal stainless steel 2.5 gallon tanks. These tanks work with the 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 hangers. 3 tanks have lids. The 4th tank has a drain, and is for washing. Depending on your location, shipping could be very expensive. I'd be willing to sell, but I would prefer the buyer to come pick them up so I don't have to find boxes to ship these beasts.
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Carsten Wolff
30-Jan-2010, 07:37
Philippe, I had the same problem a few years ago, so I just ended making one from gray PVC sheet glued together with pipe glue. I copied the inside dimensions of a Kodak 5x7 tank someone provided me with. I think the whole exercise took about an hour and cost me nothing, since I had all the materials lying about, but a visit to your local plastics supplier, or even glass-aquarium maker (you're working in the dark anyway) would do it for you as well. Mine can do about 8 hangers, but by making your own you can customise....(e.g., make a slim, economical 2-4 hanger tank).

Sal Santamaura
30-Jan-2010, 08:10
Philippe, Where are you located?...

...(in the EEC for convenience)...Sounds like Europe to me. :)