PDA

View Full Version : LF Workshop Announcements in General

lilmsmaggie
29-Jan-2010, 21:03
Not really sure how to approach this subject, so I'll just start here.

At some point in the near future, I'd like to take a workshop or two or three. I live in California's Central Vally just south of Sacramento. I know that at any given time, there is a workshop being given somewhere. Trouble is knowing when and where.

I use to participate in cycling events, centuries, training, etc. Cycling clubs usually have an event calendar of upcoming rides: local club rides, regional, by state, etc.

Have any of the LFPF members or moderators considered creating a centrally located single resource area within the LFPF site where the topic and information available is just about workshops, e.g. current workshops, upcoming workshops, workshops for the beginner, intermediate and advanced topics workshops -- workshops, workshops, workshops! Just information on where: a simple link to a site, or post by the workshop leader.

I realize its probably difficult to maintain and update the information, but it sure would be extremely helpful as well as a time saver. :D

Jim Graves
29-Jan-2010, 22:51
There is a "Calendar" section here ... but I don't think it gets used much ... in fact if you go into it now it does not go past 1/2010 ... not of much use and the format is pretty ugly.

Most workshops here are posted in the "Announcement" thread but there seem to be restrictions on how many times you can post a notice. So if you don't see the one allowed post made 9 months prior to the event, you're out of luck.

APUG has a "Workshops & Lectures" thread which is a little easier to follow but not particularly good either.

It would be nice to have a month-by-month listing of workshops ... one line for each workshop that month with type/subject, instructor, location, dates and a link to another page containing detailed information. Then, if you had time off available in April this year, you could simply scroll down to April 2010 and see a list of workshops.

dsphotog
29-Jan-2010, 23:35
Funny that you ask...
I'm working on a LF workshop for the college here in Modesto.
What kind of programs do you think would be useful?
So far, I'm planning an Intro to LF shooting & processing, and some outings.
Any ideas for outings, locations, or topics would be welcome.
Thanks,
David Silva
Modesto Ca

lilmsmaggie
30-Jan-2010, 11:54
There is a "Calendar" section here ... but I don't think it gets used much ... in fact if you go into it now it does not go past 1/2010 ... not of much use and the format is pretty ugly.

Yes, I've noticed. :D

David, I'm a noob, so what you're thinking of having down in Modesto sounds interesting. :cool: For me personally, I need the whole nine hards, the whole enchilada, the works! :)

Camera movements, printing, lens selection, you name it - I probably need it.

Dwain

RPNugent
30-Jan-2010, 14:13
For what you want I would suggest Don Kirby's Intensive. It's not cheap, but it would be tailor made to your needs and cover everything you asked to learn.

http://www.donkirbyphotography.com/workshops.php

lilmsmaggie
30-Jan-2010, 15:44
Bob - I appreciate the info and the link.

Just to clarify a point. Although it may seem so, I'm not being selfish. My suggestion for a centralized location to post workshops was for the good of everyone.

Once again, thanks for the info.