PDA

View Full Version : Jobo 2840 drum for 4x5 film?

unkgowa
24-Jan-2010, 12:03
I've read a few threads suggesting that if you take the bottom and top part of the 2840 drum, then put a funnel and centre column in, a 2509n reel will work with it..

Is this true? And what sort of centre column and funnel would I need for it? I tried fitting the funnel/column from a 1520 drum and it doesn't fit at all..

Any help/advice or ideas of cheap alternatives would be greatly appreciated..

-Harry

Greg Blank
24-Jan-2010, 16:23
The funnel (plastic) and center column (center core-plastic) is the same for 1500 and 25-2800 series tanks. The funnel has one part number, the core is various parts and relate to drum length to determine the parts needed. If you measure the the drum length I can advise which parts you need. Email me at gblank@omegasatter.com

I've read a few threads suggesting that if you take the bottom and top part of the 2840 drum, then put a funnel and centre column in, a 2509n reel will work with it..

Is this true? And what sort of centre column and funnel would I need for it? I tried fitting the funnel/column from a 1520 drum and it doesn't fit at all..

Any help/advice or ideas of cheap alternatives would be greatly appreciated..

-Harry

unkgowa
25-Jan-2010, 03:54
Thanks, I will do.. After school I'll make sure I get back to you properly..

-Harry

soeren
26-Jan-2010, 00:33
Hi Harry
If you have the 1520 drum the parts from that should work. Take the cup out of the 2840 lid and install the funnel from the 1520 drum. The 1520 drum and the bottom part of the 2830/40 are or should have the same height so the center collumn should fit. And it does work with my drums.
Best regards

RawheaD
4-Feb-2010, 21:48
Hello, I just joined here :-)

I just realized that I could do this exact thing today, and was quite happy, since I have all the necessary parts from other drums.

One thing I'd really appreciate if somebody could tell me, what tank equivalent this becomes... i.e., how much chemicals do I need for developing 4x5 in this setup for (a) rotary processing and (b) normal inversion processing.

Thanks for any help!

unkgowa
5-Feb-2010, 04:09
I've been told the 2840 becomes the equivelant of the Jobo 2583 Multi-tank 8 once you've changed a few bits.. Hope this helps..

tgtaylor
5-Feb-2010, 08:47
The 2820 Test Drum will also work with the 2509N Reel.

For hand inversion I would fill the drum up to the top of the spigot. For rotation use either the volumne of chemisty recommended by the Mfg or the Jobo mininum - whichever is the greater.