PDA

View Full Version : E6 Processed Purple tint

jamiek
21-Jan-2010, 18:35
I have had a few batches of E6 4x5 film developed now and keep getting a purple tint to the images and have to use variations in Photoshop to fix it. Obviously I would prefer to get it correct in camera but I don't know why it is happening. I have even used two different pro labs to develop the film but I am still getting the same result.

Someone said its because I am under exposing the images? Although they are not.

Could it be due to out of date film?

Thanks.

domaz
21-Jan-2010, 19:27
Out of date film could definetly do it..try fresh film?

gari beet
22-Jan-2010, 05:36
If it's Velvia50 I am guessing it is out of date. I have some quickload that is well out of date, it has a very strong magenta cast. It can be sorted at the process stage but if you send them to a lab I guess thats not an option.
If you have alot of this batch you could shoot a grey card or something white, that way if you are scanning and printing you could re-balance this slide and use it as a correction curve in all subsequent files with the same cast?.
Just a thought.

Gari

G.A. Landrum
22-Jan-2010, 08:07
The same thing happens if you expose the film backwards, meaning the film is loaded backwards.

vinny
22-Jan-2010, 08:41
I've been shooting out of date film for several years and now processing it myself*. If it's stored properly, there should be little change. I'm not talking about stuff from 2008, more like 1998 and 1991. That's if it's been frozen. How old is your film and what are the storage conditions? I have seen severe color issues with stuff left in holders at room temp for long periods.
*I'm far from an expert.

Robert Hughes
22-Jan-2010, 09:26
The same thing happens if you expose the film backwards, meaning the film is loaded backwards.
And of course, if you expose the film backwards, the latent image disappears. You can only get it back by processing as reversal film. Oh, wait... :rolleyes: